Truffle Hunting and Cookery Holiday
Venture out into the Tuscan countryside to hunt and learn to cook one of the most sought after ingredients in Italian cuisine - truffle. Enjoy incredible homecooked meals, great local wines and traditional expeditions on this unique 3-night experience.
Highlights of the Trip
- Go truffle hunting and find your own truffles for an authentic Tuscan experience
- Learn the local secrets for cooking with truffles with a variety of recipes
- Soak up the magical Tuscan atmosphere in Arezzo and the Tiberina Valley
In a charming area of Tuscany, a region world-renowned for its incredible food and fine wines, you’ll find a picturesque Italian farmhouse tucked away in lush hills and valleys, nearby to the historic medieval city of Arezzo.
This will be the setting for your unforgettable experience of Italian cuisine, where you will truly immerse yourself in the country’s fantastic culture, all under the watchful eye of Chef Fabrizio, your host. He will help you thoroughly enjoy every aspect of your holiday and come away feeling relaxed and inspired by the incredible food you have prepared.
Learn authentic Italian recipes and cooking techniques, from foraging to preparation to seasoning, so that you can return home an absolute expert in the kitchen.
Enjoy scenic woodland walks with trained truffle hunting dogs, learning all about this age-old practice and traditional foraging practice in beautiful settings, before heading home to prepare and eat delicious, truffle based dishes in the classic Tuscan style.
You’ll also get to experience the stunning Tiberna Valley and the history and culture of Arezzo, topping off what is already a great experience of Italian life in Tuscany and a truly relaxing weekend.
You’ll acquire great knowledge of the surrounding area and its culture & history during a guided tour of Arezzo and the Tiberina Valley. Enjoy relaxing at the picturesque farm, cooking and eating fabulous truffle-based dishes, and drinking excellent wines from what really can be considered the wine capital of the world.
- 3 nights accommodation in a twin/double apartment with private bathroom
- 2 cooking classes (preparation of 3/4 course meal with drinks) on days 1 and 3
- 1 Truffle hunting/foraging excursion
- 1 Guided tour of a nearby town
- All lunches and dinners throughout your stay (please note that some meals are taken in local restaurants where soft drinks are included but wine is extra)
- Breakfast each day at the house
- Prosecco tasting on your arrival evening
- Return transfer to and from Arezzo train station
- You can check in any time after 12 pm on day 1 and check-out by 11am on day 4
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
Florence (80km, 1 hour)
Perugia (110km, 90 minutes)
Pisa (150km, 2 hours)
Rome (250 km, 2 hours 30 minutes)
The nearest train station is Arezzo which is 8km away from the villa.
There is an organized shuttle service from Florence airport Peretola to the Santa Maria Novella railway station in the centre of Florence. Buses go every day, from 5:30am to 8:30pm and run every 30 minutes.
Journey time: 20-30 minutes
The bus departure point from the airport is just outside the terminal building, when you pass the taxi stands you will see the bus stop.
The bus departure point from the city centre (SMN railway station) is at Via Santa Caterina da Siena n.17, just across the street from the railway station building.
From Santa Maria Novella, you can catch a train to Arezzo station (it takes about an hour, is about €8.60 and they run very frequently). You can look it up and pre-book your tickets, or just check the times and purchase your ticket upon arrival.
A return transfer service to and from Arezzo train station is included in the price, and pickups are anytime after 12pm. Please be sure to provide your arrival and departure details at least 7 days before you arrive.
For more information, please visit www.trenitalia.com
Pre-booked transfers from any of the airports can be arranged with Chef Fabrizio after booking and are to be paid locally. However, the cheapest option is to take public transport from the airport to Arezzo, as trains are frequent and reasonably priced.
Who is it suitable for?
– This cookery holiday is suitable for all levels, from complete beginners to experienced cooks
– Minimum age 18 (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult)
– Your hosts are Italian, however so all cooking classes are taught in English
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These cookery holidays make great singles holidays and singles are welcome to join an existing group
– Solo travellers can book a twin/double room for sole use for NO supplement
When can I start?
– Holidays can start on any day from March to November depending on availability
– Please note: truffle hunting is not permitted in July & August in Italy so the holiday won’t take place at that time
– The cookery school is closed in January and February
– If you wish to stay for extra nights, please email to check availability for your preferred duration and we will do our best to accommodate you