Fresh Pasta Making in Tuscany
Get to know Italy's most famous staple on a unique 3-night Italian gastronomy and cooking holiday that takes you on a journey from farm to table, meeting local artisans, tasting local produce, and making your own dishes.
Highlights of the Trip
- Stay in stylish Tuscan apartments with a pool in an idyllic medieval village
- Master fresh pasta specialities that you can easily reproduce at home
- Meet the local producers and taste sustainable organic produce
This 3-night pasta and Italian cooking holiday was developed by those with a real passion for teaching people what makes Italian cuisine so special. And it’s a holiday for those who want to know everything about what makes artisan pasta amazing, and understand the traditional, regional sauces that bring it to life.
This is not your typical cookery course. During this break, you will go from farm to table, discovering what goes on behind the scenes of Italian pasta making. Against a stunning Tuscan backdrop, as you spend time with cooks, winemakers, olive farmers and cheese producers – the area’s best sustainable artisan producers.
When you’re not out trying new things and meeting local producers, Oli is your experienced chef and trained pasta maker who will walk you through a carefully selected repertoire of dishes and share the secrets and skills you need to create fresh pasta and risotto dishes from scratch.
This Italian pasta break is perfect for those who want to escape, indulge in amazing food, and pick up valuable techniques to last you a lifetime. Mixed in with rural visits, rolling countryside, and relaxing pool time, this will leave you wanting for nothing.
- 3 nights in pool side apartment accommodation (pool open from June to September)
- If you are a solo traveller, the apartment can be booked for sole occupancy for an additional supplement
- Cooking lessons from your private cooking instructor including fresh pasta making workshops and a gnocchi and risotto masterclass
- Breakfast supplies of local ingredients in your accommodation to make your own breakfast
- All meals including a 4 course welcome dinner prepared by your private chef
- Wine and selected aperitivos
- Various tours and visits to local producers
- All transport during the week in a comfortable spacious van
- Return transfers between the accommodation and Grosseto train station on arrival and departure days
- Check in anytime between 2-6pm on day 1 and check out by 2:30pm on day 4
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
Your base on this unique Italian cooking holiday will be in the beautiful village of Roccatederighi, carved into the rocks 500 metres above the flatlands below. From up there, on a clear day you’ll be able to see the islands of Giglio, Elba, or even Corisca.
The undisturbed Maremma coast produces extremely fine ingredients and dishes. Some of the local specialities include stuffed pasta, cured meats, honey, wild boar, hearty soups and chestnuts. The Maremmana cow is well known around the Italy for its steaks and the freshest fish and seafood comes from the nearby Tyrrhenian Sea. Not to mention the excellent wine, olive oil and cheese producers in the area.
The village and your accommodation is easy to reach from main train station and airports in the area. Take a fast train from Pisa Central to Grosseto, the nearest local train station, and it will take you just 75 minutes. If you decide to come from Rome. it will take you less than 2 hours by train. Transfers to and from Grosseto station to your accommodation are included in the price of your cookery holiday.
– Cook in a traditional Italian kitchen in the old village and enjoy dinner in the medieval town square
– Visit local producers and pick up tips from them while tasting the products
– Daily excursions both varied and unique to this holiday
– Friendly, outgoing Chef who specializes in rustic local Italian home cooked food and pasta
– Stay in charming Tuscan apartments, next to an inground pool, sunbeds and a terrace to view the countryside from
– Please note: the pool is only open from June to September
– All apartments have a bathroom with a shower, kitchenette readily stocked for your breakfasts, satellite TV and internet access
– Around 1-1.5 hours from Pisa airport with transfers to and from Grosseto train station
– Within walking distance to the village of Roccatederighi
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Pisa Airport: 90 minutes
Rome Airport: 2 hours 30 minutes
The train from Pisa Airport to Grosseto involves taking a shuttle train one stop (8 minutes) from Pisa Airport to Pisa Centrale, where the direct train leaves. The total journey time on the fastest train is 1 hour 32 minutes. Train fees start at €15.50 for the whole journey.
In terms of travel from Rome airports (there are 2): from Fiumicino (the main station), it’s also one change, with the whole journey on the fastest trains taking 2 hours 24 mins, and prices starting at €20. From Rome Ciampino airport, it’s one change, with journey times from 2 hours 17 mins, and prices from €13.35.
Full directions will be given to you upon request after booking.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from beginner to advanced cooks
– Minimum age 18 with no upper age limit (under 18s accepted if accompanied by an adult)
– All classes are taught in English
When can I start?
– This cooking course runs on selected dates from April to October
– This holiday is for 3 nights / 4 days
Restricted mobility access
– Most of the activities are operated in hilltop villages where the walkways are often steep and uneven
– In the accommodation, some of the rooms are at ground floor level
– Special requests can be made and looked at on a case by case basis and the trip tailored accordingly
What can I do in my free time?
– As you’re located right in the village, have a shop, or try a local bar or restaurant and meet some locals
– The village has a wonderful old town, built into the rocks, with lovely historical churches and architecture – don’t forget to bring your camera!
– Enjoy the sun and lounge on the deck by the pool
– Rent a bike and enjoy the Tuscan countryside
– Your hosts will help you utilize the public transport if you would like to visit nearby towns or the coast