Snowshoeing in the Fells
Take the traditional method of trekking through the snowy wilderness of Lapland, and enjoy a stunning meal cooked on an open fire in spectacular settings.
Highlights of the Trip
- Stretch your legs on a unique hike through the deep, pure white snow of Lapland.
- Enjoy a traditionally prepared meal made with incredibly fresh ingredients.
- Learn about the beautiful natural world of northernmost Finland.
Snowshoeing is one of the best ways to experience and get truly in touch with the nature of Lapland. The deep snow crunching under your shoes, the snow-hooded trees, and the pearly-white willow grouse watching you from afar all make for a magical world so far removed from normality.
On this tour, led by a local guide, you will hike through the forest in snowshoes to a nearby fell where we will build a fire, enjoy a delicious meal outdoors, and enjoy the spectacular scenery.
Your guide will provide information about the native plant and animals, and help you understand exactly how this stunning landscape has been formed. With any luck, we may see a Siberian jay, a willow grouse, or a herd of reindeer wandering by.
This trip is especially suitable for nature-lovers, who may wish to take great photographs and enjoy the natural scenery in an ecologically responsible way.
- English speaking local guide
- Thermal clothing including overalls, boots & gloves
This tour runs from both Saariselkä and Levi Finland