Go surfing in Fuerteventura where you'll spend 7 nights in a fantastic hostel ideal for solo travellers or those on a budget just 5 minutes from stunning beaches; enjoy 5 days of surf lessons with superb conditions and fantastic weather, grab your board and catch some waves.
Dive into a surfing holiday in Fuerteventura where you will be surrounded by stunning beaches and superb surfing conditions all year round.
Dubbed the European Hawaii, Fuerteventura has everything from long rolling waves for budding beginners to perfect offshore peaks for more advanced surfers.
This great value surf holiday includes 7 nights’ accommodation in one of two fun, modern and well equipped surf hostels in Corralejo near the beach and the town centre. You’ll have transport provided to and from all the best surf spots and use of top quality surfing equipment that is suited to you individually, ensuring you get the most out of every lesson.
You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced surf instructors who have been accredited by the British Surfing Association, life saving and first aid certificates.
On your first day, you will be kitted out. Once you have your gear and you’ve found the perfect spot for your lessons, you’ll hit the beach with your instructor for a demonstration and training on the sand before you get out there and start surfing waves.
Stay in a fun and modern surf hostel in the centre of Corralejo
Fantastic surf weather and conditions all year round
Includes transport to and from the best surf spots to your hostel
Your Local Host:
Located on the beautiful Flag Beach just outside the vibrant town of Corralejo, this school has been offering a variety of water sports courses since 1988. With highly qualified, multi-lingual staff the school is has a wealth of experience teaching beginners to seasoned pros, it is a perfect spot for learning to surf, kitesurf and windsurf.
– You will be picked up from Fuerteventura airport and taken to the surf hostel
– You’ll have time to check into your room, meet your fellow surfers and make your own arrangements for dinner in the evening
– This is a modern and well-equipped hostel just 15 minutes from the town centre
– There are 4 bedrooms that include double, twin and mixed dorm rooms with shared bathrooms
– Plenty of social common areas for guests to hang out and relax in; living room, kitchen, upstairs terrace and outdoor dining area
– The kitchen is fully equipped for you to make your own meals but please note there is no dishwasher or washing machine
– This hostel has a small pool and terrace area for cooling off and/or sunbathing
– Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before getting ready for your surf lessons
– You will have 4 hours of surfing lessons each day for 5 days
– Please note that you’ll have 1 day off during this period (the exact day to be confirmed on arrival)
-You will set out with your instructor in the morning to find the best waves and all transport is provided to the day’s surf spot
– Note: the exact time of your surf lessons will be advised on arrival and are subject to the surf conditions that day
– A packed lunch and plenty of water is provided
– You are free to take breaks when you want, if you feel tired you can sit on the beach and soak up some sun
– After breakfast, check out of your room by 10am ready for your transfer back to Fuerteventura airport taking home with you some new found surf skills that will stay with you long after the holiday is over
Located just outside the vibrant town of Corralejo on a 400m long bay, protected by reefs at both ends, this beach front water sports school is perfectly situated for near perfect conditions for all kinds of watersports year round.
– Surf school beach front location
– New equipment every 6-9 months
– Multi-lingual staff and highly qualified instructors
– Shop selling new and used equipment to buy or rent
– Kiosk on the beach selling cold drinks, ice creams, fresh sandwiches & sun cream
– Bar serving food and drinks just 50 meters from the beach
– WiFi is available in the hostels
– Daily breakfast
– Fully equipped kitchens for self-catering plus BBQ area
– Swimming pool at the Surfers’ Retreat hostel
7 nights accommodation in a shared room at the surf hostel
Please note: prices are based on 1 person in a shared dorm (rooms are mixed gender with shared bathrooms only)
A single supplement applies for those travelling solo who wish to book a twin/double room for sole occupancy as a single room
20 hours surf lessons spread across 5 days (surfing takes place on days 2-6)
You'll have around 4 hours of surf tuition each day (over days 2-6)
Please note that the exact times of your surf lessons will be confirmed on arrival and are subject to surf conditions and the tides
Transport daily to and from the surf spot of the day
Surf board and wet suit during your lesson times
Basic third party and public liability insurance for your surf lessons
Continental breakfast each day
6 Daily packed lunches
Please note: intermediate/advanced courses are also offered; email us on email@example.com for more details
Check in anytime after 3pm on the day of arrival and check out by 10am
- Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to those that have surfed before and are looking to perfect their technique
- Note: beginners can start surfing on foam boards with greater volume and float to assist with the learning process
- Must be able to swim
- Minimum age 18
- Surfing is great fun for everyone but bear in mind that it can be physically demanding sometimes
- This surf trip is ideal for a singles holiday and many people travel solo as surfing is a very sociable and fun holiday
- If you are travelling solo, you will share a mixed dorm room which will help you get to meet your fellow surfers
- If you would like to rent surf equipment, the price is €60 for 6 days, however a car hire is advised to get to the surf spots outside of your lessons
- With 300 days of sunshine a year, over 150 beaches and many beautiful reefs there is a lot to explore in Fuerteventura be it on foot or by sea
- You can spend your evenings in any of the lively bars the many great restaurants all within walking distance, or take a stroll along the beach
- You will be kitted out in top quality wetsuits
- This school has over 11 sizes of surfboards ranging from 6’2 to 10´´ in varying thicknesses
- Surf board brands a plenty from Swell, NSP to sunset including foam, reinforced plastic boards and epoxy boards
- If you are a complete beginner, you can use a board with higher volume and buoyancy float during the first few days, switching to a smaller, more maneuverable board as you improve
- Please note that you have around 2 hours of lessons per day but if that’s not enough for you and you still have some energy left after your lessons, you can always hire the equipment for use in your free time if you would like to practice your surfing skills
- Stunning Fuerteventura offers ideal conditions and mild weather for both beginners and experienced surfers year round
- Water rarely dips below 19 degrees and gets to 22 degrees in the Summer months
Airport transfers are 35€ each way, and can be paid locally.