Spanish Cooking Class, Wine Tasting & Market Visit
Enhance your trip to Barcelona with a wonderful Spanish cooking class and tour of the famous La Boqueria food market with your local chef for a city break with a difference.
Highlights of the Trip
- Includes a guided tour of the famous La Boqueria market.
- Cook gazpacho, tortilla, paella and crème catalana.
- Taste the school’s own artisanal private-label wine.
This cooking class differentiates itself not only with its carefully thought out menu using locally sourced and where possible, organic produce but also with its wine tasting opportunities as the school has developed a private label reserve so that guests can taste and enjoy their choice of two magnificent wines during throughout their course.
These artisan wines have been especially developed by Carlos and Emi, two talented winemakers based in the famous wine region of La Rioja.
There is a set menu each day which includes the Spanish classics of Gazpacho, Tortilla, Paella and crème catalana to give you a real taste of traditional Spanish dishes and to teach you how to recreate these dishes back home to impress your friends.
Before you start the cooking class, you will enjoy a guided visit to the famous La Boqueria market where you’ll learn to spot the freshest ingredients as well as discovering some of Spain’s food specials in the market that is guaranteed to stimulate all of your senses.
- 1 Hour guided visit to the famous La Boqueria market with the Chef (the tour starts at 10am and you meet at the cooking school)
- 3 Hour cookery lesson with a professional Spanish chef starting at 11am
- All ingredients
- Cooking materials
- The use of an apron during your class
- Recipes to take away with you
- The meal you’ve cooked
- Wine tasting of the school’s own artisan private label wine
- Please note that the class ends around 2pm but may go on until 3pm depending on how long you want to linger over your lunch
- WiFi is available to use during the class
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Airport transfers
Located right on La Rambla in the heart of Barcelona, this contemporary Spanish cooking school boasts an airy kitchen with state of the art appliances, expert chefs, knowledgeable hosts, fantastic wines and a stunning view over the city. This is the perfect place to discover all the Spanish classics from paella to tapas and beyond and explore more of Barcelona’s foodie scene.
– Set right in Barcelona’s city centre on the famous Las Ramblas
– Learn to cook traditional regional dishes
– Use local farmed meat and locally grown and organic vegetables
– Delicious private label artisan wines served throughout your cooking class
– Located opposite the famous La Boqueria food market
– Guided Boqueria market tours available prior to your cooking class
– Second floor kitchen with large windows offering unbeatable views of the city
– State of the art kitchen with energy efficient appliances and lots of natural light
– Classes taught by professional English speaking chefs with years of experience
– Friendly and knowledgeable bi-lingual hosts
– Lessons taught in English by Spanish chefs
– WiFi internet access in the kitchen
– Fun, relaxed and sociable atmosphere
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Barcelona (30 mins) or Girona (1 hour)
A taxi from Barcelona airport to the city centre will take around 30 minutes depending on traffic and cost approximately €25.
A taxi from Girona airport to the city centre will take around 1 hour and cost approximately €120.
Nearest Metro stations:
Plaza de Cataluña, Liceu or Jaume I
The school is located on La Rambla, 50 metres from Boqueria Market. There is a sign on street level indicating the entrance to the school.
We recommend taking the metro in Barcelona as it is usually the easiest and cheapest way to reach the centre of town.
Please note that the cooking school is on the 2nd floor of the building and there is no lift.
Who is this suitable for?
– Cookery classes are suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced cooks
– Minimum age 3 (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult and cannot take part in the wine tasting)
– Children aged 3-12 receive a 50% discount on the cooking class price
– Your chefs are Spanish but speak excellent English so all cooking classes are taught in English
– Please note that as the school is on the 2nd floor of a building with no lift, unfortunately this course may not be suitable for those with mobility issues who cannot climb stairs
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These cookery classes are ideal for solo travellers and singles are welcome to join an existing group
When can I start?
– The cooking school is open year round with the exception of Spanish holidays and Christmas
– This cooking course runs on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday
– Market tours start at 10am and last around an hour
– Cooking classes start at 11am and last around 3 hours so finish around 2-3pm depending on how long you linger over lunch