Spend 3 nights in the spa town of Lanjaron near Granada and enjoy 2 full days trekking on horseback through the stunning Sierra Nevada Mountains, to enjoy some of the best horse riding Spain has to offer!
Take advantage of the incredible surroundings of the Alpujarra hills and Sierra Nevada Mountains on this great horse riding holiday in Spain. Stay for 4 nights and enjoy 3 full days trekking in the area.
Your base either be a Spanish farmhouse near the spa town of Lanjaron or a friendly local Hotel with the town. People are drawn by the fresh air, the natural environment and the magnificent Sierra Nevada Mountains and indeed flock from afar to sample the water which is said to contain minerals for eternal youth and which is bottled and sold throughout Spain!
This fun horse riding holiday in Spain will take you out on treks to enjoy a wide choice of easy hacks right through to challenging trail rides in this spectacular area of Southern Spain.
With the stables situated 1023 metres above the wonderful town of Lanjaron, during your treks you will see some of the most incredible views of the surrounding Andalucían countryside, with the coastline of Africa visible on very clear days.
You will follow old Moorish mule paths and valleys where the horse, mule or oxen still to this day pull the plough to harvest the earth’s crops. This horse riding holiday is more than just a horse riding holiday, but a chance to discover the remarkable Andalucían scenery and to immerse yourself in the culture where even today, tradition remains very much part of everyday life.
Trek for up to 8 hours in the stunning Sierra Nevada Mountains.
Enjoy the picturesque village of Lanjaron.
Set in a pretty spa town famous for its mineral water.
Your Local Host:
Sarah is originally from the New Forest and grew up around the wild ponies, with whom she fell head over heels in love. Any spare moment she could, she would spend with friends’ horses or in the forest and soon became the ‘go-to’ person for any horses with behavioural problems. When visiting friends in southern Spain, she decided it’d be even more fun riding in the warm! There’s no finer place to work with rescue horses, rehabilitating them in the mountains. The treks across the landscape are extraordinary, with views across to Africa, and getting up close with nature. The variety allows people to ensure that everyone from beginners to experienced equestrians have the ride of a lifetime. The riding centre is a few minutes from the pretty spa town of Lanjaron bursting with Moorish influences. People come here to drink the water which is said to contain minerals for eternal youth. Nearby is Orgiva, a busy market town with bustling tapas bars and small streets to discover.
– You may check-in any time after 2pm on the day you choose to arrive
– Relax by the pool during the afternoon or visit the local village of Lanjaron to explore
– An arrival dinner of Andalucían cuisine and wine will be served in the evening.
Accommodation depends on the course you’ve booked but everyone spends at least 2 nights at the pretty Spanish farmhouse accommodation ‘Casa del Viento’ which is surrounded by olive trees, oranges, almonds and flowers and boasts a swimming pool, sun terrace, barbecue area, sun beds and stunning views over the village and mountains. Your welcoming host Sarah lives next door with her family and during the hot summer evenings, Sarah will often host paella nights, tapas evenings and barbecues for the guests.
Full Day Trek - Tello Ibex & Waterfalls trail
– Enjoy a leisurely breakfast whilst you prepare for your first day of horse riding
– Head up to the stables to meet your horse to saddle up for your full day trek
– Please note: The number of hours of riding depends on you, some people ride for 4 hours, some for up to 8 hours, your instructor will take the lead from you.
– After meeting your horse you will then trek to nearby river gorges, through ancient oak forests towards summits of the mountains reaching great altitudes and trekking through pine forests
– Lunch will be a picnic out in the mountains
Full Day Trek Back To The Ranch
– Enjoy breakfast at the mountain cottage before saddling up for your last day of trekking
– Head out again and make your way cross country taking either the long or short journey back depending on how long you want to ride for
– You will trek through olive groves, mountains and pasture land, down old mule tracks and perhaps stopping to have a look around local markets where you can buy local produce
– You will ride through the valleys with a delicious picnic lunch out in the mountains during your trek overlooking impressive mountain views
– In the evening (or afternoon if you prefer) make your way back to the village where you will dine with the other guests in the Farmhouse and enjoy a well-deserved meal
– After breakfast guests are asked to check-out of their rooms ready for departure taking home with them new horse riding skills and an insight into Andalucían life that will stay with them long after the holiday is over
This unique trekking centre has the Alpujarra hills and Sierra Nevada mountains right on the doorstep offering a wide choice of easy hacks right through to challenging trail rides in this spectacular area of Southern Spain.
– Stunning scenery with views across to Africa
– Chance to stay in traditional mountain cottages for those staying longer than 2 nights
– Swimming pool at Casa del Viento surrounded by olive trees and citrus groves
– Friendly and welcoming family run Spanish farmhouse accommodation with great local food
– Bar and barbecue area, sunbeds and terrace at Casa del Viento
– Ride up to altitudes of 2000 metres in the mountains
– Casa del Viento accommodation provides WiFi
– Your hosts have cats and dogs who come into communal areas
Nearest airport: Granada (45 minutes) or Malaga (90 minutes)
Accommodation in a twin/double room at the Casa Del Viento for a total of 3 nights
You can check in any time after 2pm on day 1 and check-out is by noon on day 4
Breakfast and dinner each day
A packed lunch whilst out trekking on days 2 and 3
Days 2 and 3 have up to 8 hours trekking depending on your stamina and riding experience
All horse riding equipment (please bring suitable clothing for riding)
Please note: Although the riding school have a wide range of horses to choose to ride, the horses on our Horse riding holidays unfortunately cannot take riders over 15.8 stone (100kg)
- Horse riding is suitable for all levels from complete beginners to advanced riders
- Minimum age: 7 (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and children under 14 must be supervised on a ratio of 1 adult to 1 child) with no upper age limit
- Your hosts speak both English and Spanish
- Please note: Although the riding school have a wide range of horses to choose to ride, the horses on our Horse riding holidays unfortunately cannot take riders over 15.8 stone (100kg)
- These horse riding holidays in Spain make perfect singles holidays, you’ll meet like-minded people
- Singles will be allocated a twin room sharing with another guest of the same sex for no supplement but private single rooms can be booked, and a compulsory single room supplement must be added at the time of booking for a single room
- You can arrive on any day of the week you choose and will stay for 3 nights/4 days
- You will stay in the Casa Del Viento accommodation on nights 1, 2 and 3.
- Shorter and longer breaks at this location are also available
- You will spend your days trekking through the hills and mountains, your instructor will guide you in the basics of riding if you are a beginner to help you develop your balance and control over the horse to help to create a harmony between yourself and the horse
- As an intermediate to advanced rider you will have the chance to develop your existing skills with plenty of opportunity to canter and gallop
- All meals are included throughout your stay
- You’ll have a picnic lunch during your treks and a Spanish breakfast and full dinner each day
- Where possible, the food is prepared with many of the vegetables and herbs grown locally.