The beautiful Andalucían mountain village of Torrox, located between Malaga and Nerja, is the setting for this popular 7 night painting holiday where you’ll immerse yourself in Andalucían life and be inspired by the beautiful surroundings whilst brushing up on your painting skills.
3-10 June - Watercolour with Dawn Oliver
10-17 June - Watercolour with Klaus Hinkel
9-16 September - Watercolour with Klaus Hinkel
This unique painting holiday in the heart of Andalucia, Spain, aims to develop your drawing and painting skills whilst you develop your own personal interpretation of the beautiful Andalucian landscape.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced painter, the course will be tailored uniquely to you to help improve your techniques, learn new skills and increase your confidence through expert tuition and advice.
This holiday will be offering different guest artists for each date. They are all extremely passionate and have a wealth of experience in art and painting. Please see below for more information.
By combining your painting holiday with visits to a beach, tropical garden, mountainous villa, castle, local towns and just simply relaxing, this inspiring painting holiday promises not just a creative experience but also a cultural one.
Visit 5 different location for inspiration & to paint ' en plen air'.
Great weather are the Costa Del Sol beaches just in 15 minutes away.
Includes accommodation, meals & return transfers from Malaga Airport.
Your Local Host:
Paul & Victoria
On your creative activity holiday, you will be welcomed by Paul and Victoria and of course the Guest Artist of the week. Paul & Victoria have lived in the Andalucian mountains above the white pueblo village of Torrox for many years. Both keen walkers, they love the outdoors and the stunning vistas Andalucia has to offer. What’s more, t Read More
– You will be collected from Malaga airport (please see below for more details) and taken to the charming village of Torrox where your course and hotel accommodation will be based
– Enjoy a welcome lunch in the beautiful Plaza de la Constitución with your fellow guests
– After lunch, take time to settle in and stroll around the village
– In the evening you will meet your guest tutor, who will lead a brief introduction on the objectives, materials and itinerary for the painting and drawing week
– Enjoy dinner at a local Spanish restaurant hosted by Paul and Victoria
Day at Casa Maria, a mountainside villa
Please note this itinerary is an example only and may change slightly due to time of year and weather conditions
2020 schedule –
5 June – Dawn Oliver: watercolours
12 June – Klaus Hinkel: watercolours
8 September – Klaus Hinkel: watercolours
– Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the hotel before being picked up from the village and taken to Casa Maria to spend the day there
– You’ll all discuss your individual aims for the week so that your tutor can tailor the course to suit the group
– Enjoy an al fresco lunch in the garden
– Sketch, draw and paint in the garden of Casa Maria
– In the evening you will enjoy dinner at an excellent local Spanish restaurant
Peñoncillo beach and picnic lunch
– Enjoy breakfast at your leisure before heading to the beach for more painting and sketching. You will enjoy a picnic on the beach at lunchtime.
– In the evening you will head to a local restaurant in the village for dinner
Alcazaba or castle visit
– After breakfast at the hotel you will visit Malaga where you will enjoy painting and sketching either the famous Alcazaba or castle.
– You will enjoy a picnic lunch before continuing to work on your painting and drawing skills.
– In the evening you will head to a restaurant in the village for dinner
– Today is a free day for you to continue painting or simply relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. In the evening you are again free to do as you please such as sampling one of the many restaurants of your choice
Botanical Gardens in Malága
– Enjoy breakfast before heading to the gorgeous botanical gardens of Finca La Concepcion where you will have the opportunity to paint the most beautiful tropical gardens of Spain
– Picnic lunch will be provided in the beautiful gardens
– After lunch you will carry on painting, followed by an evening dinner at a local restaurant
– After breakfast and throughout the day you will have the chance to finish your work, ask questions, receive feedback and learn new techniques
– Lunch will be provided at Paco’s restaurant in Torroz
– For your final evening the group will enjoy a farewell meal together in a village restaurant to reflect on your new found painting skills over a glass of good Spanish wine and delicious meal
– After breakfast you are kindly asked to check-out of your room at the hotel ready for your transfer to Malaga airport (please see below for more details), taking home with you new, creative painting skills and an insight into Andalucían life that will stay with you long after the holiday is over
Your holiday will be based in the typical white Andalucian pueblo of Torrox. Situated between Malaga and Nerja, this beautiful mountain village offers stunning landscape scenery, unique architecture and a near perfect climate year round.
Nearest airport: Malaga (40km away)
Complimentary return airport transfer:
A return transfer from Malaga Airport is included in the price of your holiday at set times.
You must bring your own brushes and paints (you will be sent a materials list prior to your holiday via email)
All transport to all painting locations
Breakfast daily in the form of a self-catering breakfast pack
All lunches and evening meals during the activity programme including a welcome dinner on the first night - please arrive in Torrox by 5pm (please note meals will not be provided on the free day)
A return transfer from Malaga Airport at set times (please advise your arrival flight details at least 14 days before the date of travel)
Please note: Transfers from the airport available at 12 noon (your flight must arrive before 12 noon) and back to the airport at 9am (your flight must leave after 12 noon) – if your flight arrives outside of this time, please contact us as private transfers can be arranged at extra cost of 60 Euros each way
All guests must check out of their rooms by 10am on departure day
- Suitable for all from budding artists to experienced painters
2020 schedule -
5 June - Dawn Oliver: watercolours
12 June - Klaus Hinkel: watercolours
- Painting holidays make great singles holidays and there is no single supplement on this course if you are travelling solo
- We generally do not recommend this location for those with restricted mobility
- The holiday is based in a mountain village with steps, narrow streets and guests stay in Andalucian style house, all of which have stairs in
- If a person is able to walk but has 'some' restrictions then we would need further information concerning their needs and would be very honest if we felt the person could not participate in the activity holidays
- Breakfast is included daily for this holiday and will be served at the hotel restaurant
- All lunches and dinners are also included except for on your free day
- Lunches and dinners will be taken at local restaurants
- Your hosts offer a courtesy transfer to and from Malaga Airport to Torrox
- If you would like a courtesy transfer, please note that transfers from Malaga to Torrox leave the airport at 12 noon (your flight must arrive before 12 noon) on arrival day and transfers from Torrox to Malaga airport leave Torrox at 9.00am (your flight must depart after 12 noon)
- If you are unable to make the times for the courtesy transfer, a private transfer can be arranged and costs 60 Euros which is payable to the driver