Arrival and Welcome Aperitifs
Check into your room any time after 3pm and enjoy a welcome drink and chance to taste some of the regions local dishes by the pool (weather permitting) before taking your time to explore the house, gardens, pool and local area. Whilst enjoying aperitifs by the pool there will be a chance to talk to your hosts and ask them about the course, and the local area.
Stay in a magnificent 400 year old Tuscan palazzo nestled in the medieval village of Tavernelle, overlooking a National Park in the countryside of northern Tuscany just 2 hour’s drive from Florence and just over an hour away from Pisa and Genova by car. Enjoy a cookery and wine or purely wine holiday in this tranquil setting for a learning holiday with a difference.
– Just over an hour from Pisa and Genova airports by car
– 2 hour’s drive from Florence airport
– Set in a relatively undiscovered area of Tuscany, away from the tourist crowds
– Near to the pretty National Parks of UNESCO Cinque Terre which is 30 minutes’ drive away and overlooking the Tuscan-Emilian Appenines National Park
– Impressive 17th century palazzo that has been restored to a high standard
– Surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery and very secluded
– Wonderful garden to relax in with sun loungers
– Lovely 8m x 4m outdoor swimming pool
– 5 beautifully restored apartments each with their own entrances and kitchens
– Kitchens are fully equipped to prepare meals on days when lunch and dinner aren’t provided.
– Ensuite in each bedroom
– English and Italian speaking hosts with a wealth of knowledge about the area
– Experienced cook and Italian sommelier with knowledge passed down from generation to generation
– Delicious local food and wine
– Secure off-road parking
– Internet access
– Reasonably priced local restaurant near to the palazzo serving authentic local dishes
– Around 6km drive from the nearest village with shops and other facilities
– Car hire is strongly recommended for this holiday to explore the local area