Cooking and Culture in Tuscany
This fantastic 7 night Tuscan cookery and culture holiday near Arezzo is all about delicious locally produced food, great local wines and cultural tours to unspoilt medieval hamlets, pretty Tuscan towns & much more; fully indulge your passion for all things food and wine!
Highlights of the Trip
- 7 nights of accommodation in a rural Italian setting, allowing you to soak up the countryside and Tuscan culture.
- Cooking lessons with an amazing Italian chef.
- Sample some of the regions finest wines.
The charming region of Tuscany, renowned for its delicious food and fine wines, will be the setting of this 7 night / 8 day Tuscan cooking and culture holiday, tucked away on a wonderful Italian farm, nestled by the surrounding hills and valleys just 6km from the historic city of Arezzo.
The rural, relaxed atmosphere will have you learning timeless recipes and creating your own beautiful pastas and specialties as well as sampling organic extra virgin olive oil produced on the farm and tasting wonderful local wines including Chianti and Vino Santo dessert wine all local to the region.
Covering a wide variety of skills, you will be perfecting Tuscan specialities including fresh pastas, accompanying seasonal sauces, traditional cookies with local almonds and chestnut honey, panna cotta and more. Wine tasting and prosecco tastings complete the culinary week which is sure to delight your senses.
Combine all this delicious food and wine with excursions to visit local historic towns such as Arezzo and Cortona, visiting wineries for tastings and of course, local food markets and you’ll be fully immersed in all things Italian.
Your host and Chef Fabrizio will be on hand to ensure every element of your holiday delights you to ensure you return feeling relaxed and full with mouth watering Italian cooking, and a great collection of new recipes and techniques to replicate for friends and family. You’ll acquire great knowledge of the surrounding area and it’s history, as you are guided by locals who have a deep knowledge of this Roman and Etruscan city.
- Accommodation in an apartment based on staying in a twin/double apartment for 7 nights/8 days
- You can check in any time after 4pm on day 1 and check-out by 11am on day 8
- Breakfast each day at the house
- 5 cooking classes (preparation of 3/4 course meal with drinks) on days 2, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- All lunches and dinners throughout your stay (please note that some meals are taken in local restaurants where soft drinks are included but wine is extra)
- Tuscan wines during meals taken at the house
- Prosecco tasting on your arrival evening
- 2 half-day cultural excursions including transportation
- A private wine tasting tour with dinner in a local restaurant
- A return transfer to and from Arezzo train station
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
Enjoy a cookery holiday set in the heart of Tuscany just 6km outside of the historic Etruscan and Roman city of Arezzo which is nestled within easy reach of the more well-known towns of Siena and Florence.
Escape the city and immerse yourself in the stillness and beauty of the Tuscan countryside. You’ll stay in a former farmhouse, perched on a hillside with panoramic views. This area is not only famous for its food but is also the perfect location in which to enjoy hiking, biking or even horse riding along the countryside trails that surround the farmhouse.
– Beautiful hillside setting only 6km from the centre of Arezzo
– Just 10km from Arezzo train station
– Wonderful gardens to relax in with tables and chairs for dining
– Lovely swimming pool
– BBQ and communal garden
– English and Italian speaking hosts with a wealth of knowledge about the area
– Delicious local food and wine
– Secure off-road parking
– Apartment accommodation, all equipped with lounge and kitchen areas and private bathrooms
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Florence (80km, 1 hour)
Perugia (110km, 90 minutes)
Pisa (150km, 2 hours)
Rome (250 km, 2 hours 30 minutes)
The nearest train station is Arezzo which is 8km away from the villa.
There is an organized shuttle service from Florence airport Peretola to the Santa Maria Novella railway station in the centre of Florence. Buses go every day, from 5:30am to 8:30pm and run every 30 minutes.
Journey time: 20-30 minutes
The bus departure point from the airport is just outside the terminal building, when you pass the taxi stands you will see the bus stop.
The bus departure point from the city centre (SMN railway station) is at Via Santa Caterina da Siena n.17, just across the street from the railway station building.
From Santa Maria Novella, you can catch a train to Arezzo station (it takes about an hour, is about €8.60 and they run very frequently). You can look it up and pre-book your tickets, or just check the times and purchase your ticket upon arrival.
A return transfer service to and from Arezzo train station is included in the price, and pick ups are anytime after 12pm. Please be sure to provide your arrival and departure details at least 7 days before you arrive.
For more information, please visit www.trenitalia.com
Pre-booked transfers from any of the airports can be arranged with Chef Fabrizio after booking and to be paid locally. However, the cheapest option is to take public transport from the airport to Arezzo and trains are frequent and reasonably priced.
Who is it suitable for?
– Cookery and culture holidays are suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced cooks
– Minimum age 18 (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult)
– Your hosts are Italian, however so all cooking classes are taught in English
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These cookery holidays make great singles holidays and singles are welcome to join an existing group
– Solo travellers can book a twin/double room for sole use for NO supplement
– To book a private single or shared room, email [email protected] or contact us via live chat (click on the ‘start chat’ link at the bottom of this page) or call us to check availability
When can I start?
– Holidays can start on any day from March to December depending on availability
– The cookery school is closed in January and February
– Cooking holidays are for 7 nights/8 days
– If you wish to stay for extra nights, please email to check availability for your preferred duration and we will do our best to accommodate you
– If dates appear ‘on request’, please email us [email protected] and we’ll check availability for your preferred day of arrival as quickly as possible
About chef Fabrizio and your hosts
– Fabrizio was born in the Tuscan wine region of Arezzo in the 70’s and grew up surrounded by vineyards and olive groves and under the influence of his mother and grandmother, grew to love food and cooking
– After obtaining a degree, he went to a hotel school in Tuscany before deciding to move to Bournemouth in the UK to work as a Chef
– After that, the travel bug bit and he moved to various countries around the world to cook and experience new cultures, learn about different food and techniques in places as far afield as India, Thailand and Morocco
– Despite his travel and experience, he credits his mother and grandmother as the ‘gurus of traditional cooking’ where he learnt his Tuscan cooking skills and passion for quality, organic, seasonal food
– His family are local producers of Chianti and extra virgin olive oil and you’ll have the chance to taste these during your stay!