Greek Cooking Holiday
Immerse yourself in Greek island life on this 7 night Greek cookery holiday in Poros that promises not only a culinary experience but also a cultural one; accommodation is also included in beautiful Greek apartments just 50 metres from the stunning beaches.
Highlights of the Trip
- Stay in an exclusive suite just 50m from the beach.
- Guided visit to the lively local fish market to select fresh produce.
- Includes 4 days of cookery lessons & airport transfers from Athens.
Tucked away in the peaceful and picturesque village of Askeli in Poros, this friendly cooking school, just a few minutes from the beach is the setting for your Greek cooking holiday experience.
Under the guidance of your fun and friendly Greek host Chef Katerina, you will immerse yourself in Greek life to discover the gastronomic delights of this beautiful area of Poros. Learning about the historical roots of traditional Greek cooking you will learn to cook both traditional and modern Greek dishes.
The aim of the course is to give you the skills to cook fabulous Greek dishes from the region to impress even the most experienced foodies back home. All cooking courses are hands-on and you will all have the chance to visit the lively local fish market and olive groves, lemon groves or an organic Mediterranean vegetable farm.
Combine beautiful Greek sunshine and flavours with fun hands-on Greek cooking lessons on this 7 night / 8 day Greek cookery holiday with a difference.
- 7 nights accommodation (solo travellers will be allocated a single room but can upgrade to a double for an additional cost)
- 4 Greek cooking lessons on days 2, 3, 4 and 6
- Breakfast daily
- Lunch over 6 days either at the hotel or a picnic lunch
- Dinner over 7 evenings including 1 evening meal in a local restaurant or taverna and a farewell dinner on the last night
- Visit to the local fish market to select fresh produce
- A seasonal Greek culinary outing
- Visit to olive or lemon groves or an organic Mediterranean vegetable or herb farm
- Guided trip to the Island of Hydra
- Welcome drinks
- Recipe booklet
- School apron
- Private return taxi transfers from Athens airport to Poros Island
- PLEASE NOTE: Transfers are only provided between 10.30 am – 6.30pm on arrival and only after midday on the return journey
- Check in anytime after 2pm on day 1 and check out by 10am on day 8
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
Stay in traditional Greek apartments located in a tranquil corner of Askeli on the welcoming Island of Poros in Greece, located less than 50 metres from the beautiful waters of Askeli beach and bay and learn the skills of cooking delicious Greek dishes with your host Katerina who is both passionate and knowledgeable about Greek cooking on this Greek holiday with a difference.
– Traditional, spacious apartments in 2 different styles
– Located in a tranquil corner of Askeli, just 50 metres from the nearest beach
– Learn to cook regional dishes that are full of flavour and simple to re-create back home
– Katerina is experienced, friendly and willing to pass on many secrets of Greek cooking
– Situated in the beautiful Saronic gulf, part of the Argo-Saronic Islands
– Poros is within easy reach of Athens by the modern and efficient ferry service
– Outdoor bistro adjacent to the apartments serving delightful Greek dishes
– Free use of the swimming pool 30 metres from the apartments
– Within close proximity to a large supermarket, bus stop and various tavernas and bars
– Apartments have air conditioning, private bath or shower, TV and veranda or small balcony
– In-room safes are available for a small extra charge which can be arranged on arrival
– Some rooms have fridge and kitchenette (request at time of booking although cannot be guaranteed)
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Note: The island of Poros lies around 35 miles south west of Piraeus (the port of Athens)
Transfers are included in the price and to ensure easy access to Poros Island. Transfers will a private taxi transfer ‘meet and greet’ to and from Athens airport/Poros Island.
Your driver will meet and collect you from Athens airport. For collection from Athens airport it is essential that you book flights to arrive into Athens airport no later than 6.30pm and depart no earlier than 12.30pm for your return. You will travel via road through the Peloponnese mountains to a coastal village called Galatas where your taxi will take a small ferry over to Poros island. This journey takes approximately two and half hours.
Important flight notes:
It is advised you book flights to arrive into Athens airport no later than 6.30pm and depart no earlier than 12.30pm on your return.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced foodies – Your hosts are Greek but speak perfect English
– Minimum age: 10 (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
I’m a solo traveller – can I join?
– These Greek cookery holidays make great singles holidays and in fact, many people travel solo
– Solo travellers can have a private single room in the exclusive suite in the Odyssey centre for no single supplement
– To check availability for singles please contact us at [email protected] with your preferred date of travel
– If you are looking to travel solo in July and August please contact us at [email protected] and we may be able to accommodate your request depending on availability, a single supplement may be applicable
– Please note that apartments can accommodate families of up to 5 people, please contact us at [email protected] or call us for more information.
Can I bring a non-cooking guest?
– Non-cooking guests are welcome to share a room with a cooking guest and prices for the non-cooking guest will be discounted accordingly, please email [email protected] or call us for details
When can I start?
– This Greek cooking holiday runs on from April to October
– Arrival days are on Saturday
– All courses include 7 nights / 8 days accommodation in the exclusive suite at the Odyssey centre
Are meals included?
– Breakfast is included each day
– 6 Lunches and 7 dinners are also included
– Wine is included with the welcome dinner