Painting and Wine-Tasting in South France
Taste local wines at the source and use the vineyards to inspire your artwork on this 3-night art & wine holiday in France; develop your skills in your chosen media with a fantastic hands-on teacher who knows how to bring out the best in your work while you stay in a lovely French farmhouse!
Highlights of the Trip
- Visit a local vineyard for painting, vineyard tour and wine tasting.
- French farmhouse accommodation with swimming pool, gardens & terraces.
- Home-cooked meals served daily and art supplies included.
Created especially for those who have a passion for both art and wine, we are delighted to bring you this 3 night art, painting and wine holiday in France.
Art teacher Jo has combined forces with her neighbours just across the vines in the family run organic vineyards of Chateau La Tour de Chollet to create this fully inclusive holiday. It is a unique opportunity for you to paint the beauty of the vines in this stunning region as you sip a glass of the locally produced wine to really get your creative juices flowing.
You will also get to meet Paul and Kirstie who run Chateau La Tour de Chollet. They will give you an insight into the life of the grape from ‘bud to bottle’, giving your a tour of the vineyards followed by an exclusive wine tasting and the chance to buy organic wines at great prices.
In your free time, relax in the den, curl up with a book and wine, or lounge by the pool. Whatever you do, be sure to make yourself at home, and be prepared to tuck into some delicious home-cooked food.
- 3 nights accommodation in a beautifully restored farmhouse
- Please note: prices are per person and based on a double room with ensuite or shared bathroom; please check availability
- There are no single supplements for solo travellers
- Daily morning and afternoon sketching and painting sessions and tuition
- A tour of Chateau Le Chollet’s vineyard and wine tasting
- All breakfasts, lunches, and dinners (from lunch on day 1 up to, and including, lunch on day 4)
- Wine, beer and drinks with lunches and dinners
- Coffee and tea throughout the day
- The following art supplies: Watercolour paper, Watercolours (tubes), Acrylics (tubes), A selection of brushes, Use of easels and other studio equipment, A3 acid free mount, A3 Beech frame for your best work to make a great addition to your home
- Use of the pool from May-September
- Transfers from the local train station
- Check in and check out time is flexible; however please note that the course will end around 4pm on day 4
What's Not Included
- Personal insurance
Just 30 minutes from Bergerac airport, your cosy home away from home was originally owned by vine workers who resided in 3 stone cottages, and has now been beautifully converted into its present form; retaining the intimacy of a cottage whilst being airy and spacious.
Sainte-Foy-La-Grande has a fabulous Saturday farmers’ market, lots of bars & restaurants and its river is the perfect place to stroll, try a gourmet meal in a local restaurant, or have a coffee on the terrace under the old arcades. During the summer months, you’ll be called to the gourmet night markets with music every Thursday night, which your host would be happy to escort you to.
– Conveniently located just 30 minutes from Bergerac airport
– A beautiful rural location surrounded by vineyards, trails, a bamboo forest, pond and terraces
– In-ground pool available from May-September
– Honesty bar for your convenience
– Wood burning stove in the cooler months and electric fans available in the summer
– Accommodation in lovingly restored 18th century vine workers cottage, that has become the modern farmhouse you see today
– Large comfortable double rooms, decorated with comfort and style whilst maintaining many traditional features
– 1 room has a waterbed and ensuite bathroom, whilst the other 2 double rooms share a Jacuzzi bathroom
– Large gardens covering 3 hectares
– Onsite studio on a covered terrace for outdoor inspiration
– 10 minutes from Sainte-Foy-La-Grande, if you feel the need to shop, pop out for a drink, or mingle
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Bergerac (30 minutes by car)
Transfers to and from Bergerac can be pre-booked for approximately €50 each way (this can be shared with other guests).
Nearest train station:
Sainte Foy La Grande (10 minutes by car)
A free pick up service from the train station is provided.
Taxis can be found outside of the airport or train station. If you prefer, your host would be happy to pre-arrange a taxi for you, just let them know.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all painting levels from beginners to advanced
– Minimum age 18
– During this holiday, you are free to work with whatever medium you like, however, the holiday mainly focuses on watercolour and pastel and the various qualities of acrylic and gouache
I’m a solo traveller – can I join?
– Courses have a maximum of 6 people in each group, singles are very welcome as you’ll meet others with a passion for art and wine and there are NO single supplements for those travelling solo
When can I start?
– Art and wine holidays are for 3 nights / 4 days with a flexible arrival time on the first day and finishing around 4pm on day 4
– If you wish to stay for extra nights, please email to check availability for your preferred duration and we will do our best to accommodate you
– All holidays are on request so please email us at [email protected] and we’ll check availability for your preferred day of arrival as quickly as possible
What to bring
– Although supplies are provided, feel free to bring your favourite brushes, paints, or paper
– Please bring suitable footwear for walking
– Swimming costume if you are visiting during pool season
Restricted mobility access
Please find below some information regarding the accommodation and location of the holiday which may be useful when deciding if this is the right holiday for you; should you have an further questions, please contact us and we will be happy to help
– Although this location does not have official disabled access, the front door is wide enough for a wheelchair
– The main bedroom and ensuite are all on one level and on the ground floor
– There are no cobblestones, however there are slopes. Although not the easiest venue for wheelchairs, your host would be happy to help any way she can
– The shower in the ensuite has one step up into it
– If a person is able to walk but has ‘some’ restrictions then we would need further information concerning their needs and would be very honest if we felt the person could not participate in the activity holidays