– Arrive in the afternoon and get settled into your room, then begin with a painting session.
– A 3-course dinner will be served in the evening!
Your rural, converted cottage
Indulge in delicious food, local wines, delightful sights and individual art tuition on this 6 night painting holiday in France; master new skills in painting and art with a fantastic hands-on teacher who knows how to bring out the best in your work while you stay in a lovely rural French farmhouse!
*Please see the FAQs for special holiday dates and supplements
Discover your full potential with a range of paints, time, inspiration and instruction on this 6 night / 7 day painting holiday in France. With trails, animals, an artisan workshop, night markets, local wines, and the finest foods, there is no end to what you can discover here, and what creation will come from it.
Packed with expert tuition and a free day to explore what the region has to offer further afield, this art holiday makes sure you get a taste of it all, while making you feel right at home.
Your host on this creative holiday is the talented and welcoming Jo, whose experience covers all forms of art; from painting with different mediums, to art restoration, conservation, bookbinding, and art history. Her pride and passion is helping you find your inner creativity; at any level you may be at. For the beginner painter, she will help you find the medium right for you and your own unique voice, and for the more experienced, she can help you go to the next level with new materials and a new way to see things.
In your free time, relax in the den, curl up by the wood burning fire with a book and wine in the winter months, and lounge by the pool in the summer. Whatever you do, be sure to make yourself at home, and be prepared to tuck into some delicious home cooked food.
Much more than a painting course, and so much more than a holiday, get the most from this French painting holiday that has thought of every aspect in stunning Bordeaux, and take home some original, framed art work for you, by you, that shows off your emerging talents.
Create and take home a framed piece of your own art work.
French farmhouse accommodation with swimming pool, gardens & terraces.
Includes art supplies and home cooked meals served with local wines.
Jo Gibbs is the host and tutor on her wonderful art holidays in South West France. In 2014, Jo moved to the Bordeaux wine region of Le Gironde and created her intimate and unique Chambre d'hôtes with her husband and two children, and offered internships to postgraduate conservation/art students. Jo has created the perfect environment to enjoy her art and the animals she keeps; offering the ideal setting for those looking for an oasis of beauty and creativity; let’s not forget the fine wines and delicious food of the Bordeaux region.
The itinerary is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on the group’s needs and wishes but is typically as follows:
– After breakfast each day, there will be a morning session from 10am-12:30pm followed by a break for lunch
– Morning sessions will be a time for group discussion and experimenting with techniques, styles, and finding out exactly what you want to achieve
– Your afternoon painting sessions will be from about 2-5pm, and are devoted to studio or field work, depending on your preferences
– Gorgeous 3 course dinners are either in the dining room or on the terraces at around 7:30pm
– Evenings after dinner are for you to enjoy at your leisure
– Please note that Thursday is a free day, to use as you wish; therefore no lunch or dinner will be provided
– Thursday evening throughout the summer, your hosts visit the local night market in Ste Foy La Grande where you can dance to live music and taste freshly cooked local food, beers and wines
– If your departure time allows, a visit to the famous Ste Foy Farmers Market on a Saturday morning is a must!
The converted cottage
Friday 13th September, 2019
A beautiful place to stay and Jo was a wonderful host and teacher. Delicious meals and great ambiance.
A beautiful place to stay and Jo was a wonderful host and teacher. Delicious meals and great ambiance.Read more
Thursday 22nd August, 2019
Jo is very generous and welcoming and I and my five children (aged 13 - 21) loved our time with her. Her house and studio are very relaxed and we were encouraged to treat them as our home. We produced some marvellous paintings and learnt some new ski...
Jo is very generous and welcoming and I and my five children (aged 13 - 21) loved our time with her. Her house and studio are very relaxed and we were encouraged to treat them as our home. We produced some marvellous paintings and learnt some new skills. A perfect family holiday!Read more
Saturday 8th September, 2018
Had an amazing and memorable experience on this painting holiday last September. I'm from Canada and decided to do this solo trip, unsure of what to expect. Jo-Anne is a super-talented artist and great teacher who was very warm and welcoming. The pro...
Had an amazing and memorable experience on this painting holiday last September. I'm from Canada and decided to do this solo trip, unsure of what to expect. Jo-Anne is a super-talented artist and great teacher who was very warm and welcoming. The property was gorgeous, and very serene. Great setting that was both very calming and inspiring for me as a beginner painter. Jo tailored her lessons and the overall experience to meet my learning needs as well as show me a great time in Sainte Foy so I could get a taste of the great food, wine and culture of the region. I had an unforgettable experience and recommend this holiday to anyone who needs a tranquil getaway while connecting with their artistic side.Read more
Just 30 minutes from Bergerac airport, your cosy home away from home was originally owned by 18th century vine workers who resided in 3 stone cottages, and has now been beautifully converted.
Bergerac (34 minutes to Sainte Foy La Grande Station by train)
Bordeaux (1 hour to Sainte Foy La Grande Station by train)
Nearest train station:
Sainte Foy La Grande (10 minutes by car) – Free transfers from the train station is provided.
– A beautiful rural location surrounded by vineyards, trails, a bamboo forest, pond and terraces
– In-ground pool available from May-September
– Wood burning stove in the cooler months and electric fans available in the summer
– Large comfortable double rooms, decorated with comfort and style whilst maintaining many traditional features
– 1 room has a waterbed and ensuite bathroom, whilst the other 2 double rooms share a Jacuzzi b