– Arrive in the afternoon and get settled into your room, then begin with a painting session.
– A 3-course dinner will be served in the evening!
Jo Surridge is the host and tutor on her wonderful art holidays in South West France. Jo studied Art and Art History at Leicester University before becoming the senior paper conservator for Hampshire County Museums Service for 16 years. She then went onto complete a teaching diploma in Art and Restoration and gained a certificate in Bookbinding .. Read More
The itinerary is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on the group’s needs and wishes but is typically as follows:
– After breakfast each day, there will be a morning session from 10am-12:30pm followed by a break for lunch
– Morning sessions will be a time for group discussion and experimenting with techniques, styles, and finding out exactly what you want to achieve
– Your afternoon painting sessions will be from about 2-5pm, and are devoted to studio or field work, depending on your preferences
– Gorgeous 3 course dinners are either in the dining room or on the terraces at around 7:30pm
– Evenings after dinner are for you to enjoy at your leisure
– Please note that Thursday is a free day, to use as you wish; therefore no lunch or dinner will be provided
– Thursday evening throughout the summer, your hosts visit the local night market in Ste Foy La Grande where you can dance to live music and taste freshly cooked local food, beers and wines
– If your departure time allows, a visit to the famous Ste Foy Farmers Market on a Saturday morning is a must!
Friday 13th September, 2019
A beautiful place to stay and Jo was a wonderful host and teacher. Delicious meals and great ambiance.
Thursday 22nd August, 2019
Jo is very generous and welcoming and I and my five children (aged 13 - 21) loved our time with her. Her house and studio are very relaxed and we were encouraged to treat them as our home. We produced some marvellous paintings and learnt some new skills. A perfect family holiday!
Saturday 8th September, 2018
Had an amazing and memorable experience on this painting holiday last September. I'm from Canada and decided to do this solo trip, unsure of what to expect. Jo-Anne is a super-talented artist and great teacher who was very warm and welcoming. The property was gorgeous, and very serene. Great setting that was both very calming and inspiring for me as a beginner painter. Jo tailored her lessons and the overall experience to meet my learning needs as well as show me a great time in Sainte Foy so I could get a taste of the great food, wine and culture of the region. I had an unforgettable experience and recommend this holiday to anyone who needs a tranquil getaway while connecting with their artistic side.