Head to the sunny island of Tenerife and learn to surf on this 7 night surfing holiday; you’ll be hitting the waves with Antonio and his team, staying in a great hostel & meeting like-minded travellers during your surf lessons, relaxing by the pool or at the Wednesday night BBQ.
Spend 7 nights/8 days learning to surf in the Canary Islands on the sunny island of Tenerife based in great hostel accommodation in a laid-back area near the beaches of Playa de las Americas.
Whether you are new to surfing or a more experienced rider looking to improve your skills, the excellent surf instructors at the surf camp will ensure you get the right waves and help for your level.
With a maximum group size of 5 or 6 per instructor, you’ll be guaranteed personal tuition and for 5 days you’ll have a 2 hour of surf lessons. On the rest of your surfing holiday you are free to rent a board for more practice, explore the island or relax by the pool in the hostel.
Accommodation is set in a friendly hostel, with shared rooms, swimming pool, sun loungers and terrace where you can relax during your free time. There is a weekly BBQ night every Wednesday is offered (at a small extra cost) for you to get to know your fellow surfers and other guests.
*Prices are based on shared rooms and bathrooms and you’ll share with a maximum of 4 people in a room*
Make the most of pristine beaches and perfect waves to learn surfing.
Soak up the laid back atmosphere and unwind with likeminded people.
Take advantage of local knowledge to find the best surf spots on the island.
Your Local Host:
When you're looking for a heartwarming smile, a kind word or a friendly ear, the surf instructor Antonio demonstrates his passion for teaching and love of the ocean as soon as his board hits the water.
Check into your room anytime from 2pm and settle into your surroundings. Soak up the laid-back atmosphere, meet fellow travellers and explore the area
The hostel is accredited by Hostelling International in the laid-back area of Costa Adeje. It is a typical Canarian house with shared and private bedrooms with a fully equipped kitchen, dining room and lounge with TV. You will also enjoy the pretty garden with sun loungers, swimming pool, terrace and BBQ area! There are friendly and hospitable staff throughout the day to help with any concerns or questions.
No meals included
You’ll be picked up at the hostel with a 9 seater van and head to the beach where you’ll be surfing that day. Although the team have preferred surf spots on the island, having a car allows you to drive to other beaches to take advantage of the best conditions that day
– You will have 2 hours of surfing lessons each day for 12 days
– You are free to take breaks when you want, if you feel tired you can sit on the beach and soak up some sun
– Transport is included to and from the hostel to the beach
– You’ll have the rest of the day and evening to spend as you wish
– Shops and cafes are within walking distance so you can enjoy the area and beach with your fellow surfers or relax by the pool in the hostel
No meals included
One of the days during the week will be a free day, the day itself will be confirmed on arrival and may be during the week to give you a rest day during the surf lessons.
You are free to hire a board and practise your techniques, book in an extra lesson, take a stroll to the local cafes and shops or stay at the hostel to relax by the pool!
No meals included
Say your goodbyes after an amazing two weeks of surfing and making new friends. Enjoy your last breakfast before leaving by 10am. You are welcome toleave your bags and use the facilities if you have a later flight to catch.
No meals included
You’ll be learning to surf on the beach near Playa de las Americas but staying in a typical Canarian house in a welcoming and fun hostel in the laid-back area of Costa Adeje and Playa del Duque, all just 20 minutes from Tenerife South Airport.
– Hostel accommodation located in Costa Adeje near Playa del Duque
– Surf lessons take place in Playa de las Americas
– Just a 20 minute drive from South Airport
– Daily breakfast and Wednesday night BBQ
– Private garden with swimming pool
– Fully equipped kitchen
– Outdoor cinema, bicycle rentals, security lockers
– Chill out area and book exchange
– Free WiFi
Tenerife South Airport (20 km away / 20 minutes)
7 nights hostel accommodation in a shared room with shared bathroom
5 surf lessons of 2 hours each with a certified instructor (more lessons can be booked at a discounted price)
All surf equipment and insurances during lessons
Transfer from the hostel to the beach and back
Group transfer from the Tenerife South Airport to the hostel and back (for pickups between 9pm-9am there will be a surcharge of €5)
1 yoga lesson a week (with possibility of booking more on site)
1 weekly surf theory lesson
- Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to those that have surfed before and are looking to perfect their technique
- Must be able to swim
- Minimum age 14 (under 18’s must have written parental consent and accompanied by an adult at the accommodation)
- Surfing is great fun for everyone but it’s best to bear in mind that it can be physically demanding sometimes
Meals are not included but the hostel has a fully equipped kitchen which you are free to use. Eating out is also relatively cheap. Shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants are just a 10 minute walk away.
There will also be the famous Wednesday night BBQ every week for you to enjoy (an additional cost of €8 including a drink)
- You’ll have plenty of time to explore the island and experience a range of outdoor activities
- Transport around the island is cheap and convenient and your hosts will be happy to offers suggestions and recommendations
- The surf school also offers lots of exciting activities which are can arrange and book on arrival, such as:
Kayaking with dolphins (in the wild)
Snorkelling with turtles (in the wild)
- Extra surf and yoga lessons can also be arranged on site
- If you would like to do more surfing in your free time, you can borrow equipment for €10 a day
Check in on day 1 is from 2pm and check out on day 8 is at 10am
Upgrades to private double or single rooms can be made for an additional cost
Return group transfers from and to the SOUTH AIRPORT are included in the price of the holiday. However, please note that for late night and early morning arrivals from 9pm to 9am, an additional surcharge of €5 each way will be applied.