Go windsurfing in Fuerteventura where you'll spend 14 nights in a fantastic hostel ideal for solo travellers or those on a budget, or you can upgrade to a villa, just 5 minutes from stunning beaches; enjoy 10 days of windsurf lessons with superb conditions and fantastic weather, Europe’s best location to windsurf.
Go learn to windsurf in Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands where you will be surrounded by stunning beaches and superb windsurfing conditions all year round.
If you want a place to learn this fantastic sport or to improve your technique then Fuerteventura with warm sunshine and consistent winds is the ideal destination.
This great value windsurfing holiday includes 14 nights’ accommodation in one of two fun, modern and well equipped windsurf hostels in Corralejo close to the beach and the town centre, or in a lovely villa. You’ll have transport provided to and from the windsurfing harbour and use of top quality equipment that is suited to you individually, ensuring you get the most out of every lesson.
Taught by highly qualified and experienced instructors, this windsurfing course is aimed at beginners who want to quickly develop their windsurfing skills and gain confidence in the water.
Learning to windsurf over four days gives you more time to get to grips with this exciting sport and you’ll take your wind surfing skills to the next level as you indulge your need for action and adrenaline.
Stay in a fantastic surf hostel in the centre of Corralejo
Experience great conditions year-round at this IKO accredited school
Includes transport to the best kitesurf spots
Your Local Host:
Located on the beautiful Flag Beach just outside the vibrant town of Corralejo, this school has been offering a variety of water sports courses since 1988. With highly qualified, multi-lingual staff the school is has a wealth of experience teaching beginners to seasoned pros, it is a perfect spot for learning to surf, kitesurf and windsurf.
– You will be picked up from Fuerteventura airport and taken to the windsurf hostel or your villa accommodation
– You’ll have time to check into your room, meet your fellow windsurfers and make your own arrangements for dinner in the evening
Surfers’ Retreat Hostel
– This is a modern and well-equipped hostel just 15 minutes from the town centre
– There are 4 bedrooms that include double, twin and mixed dorm rooms with shared bathrooms
– Plenty of social common areas for guests to hang out and relax in; living room, kitchen, upstairs terrace and outdoor dining area
– The kitchen is fully equipped for you to make your own meals but please note there is no dishwasher or washing machine
– This hostel has a small pool and terrace area for cooling off and/or sunbathing
For the upgrade accommodation option please see info
– Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before getting ready for your windsurf lessons
– Lessons might take place at the lagoon in El Cottillo which is about a 40 minute drive depending on weather conditions
– You will have 4 hours of windsurfing lessons each day for 5 days
– Please note that you’ll have 2 days off during this period (the exact days to be confirmed on arrival)
– You will set out with your instructor in the morning to find the best wind and all transport is provided to the day’s windsurf spot
– Note: the exact time of your windsurf lessons will be advised on arrival and are subject to the wind conditions that day
– A packed lunch and plenty of water is provided
– You are free to take breaks when you want, if you feel tired you can sit on the beach and soak up some sun
Surfers’ Retreat Hostel or your villa accommodation
– After breakfast, check out of your room by 10am ready for your transfer back to Fuerteventura airport taking home with you some new found windsurf skills that will stay with you long after the holiday is over
Option to choose a private villa close by.
Located just outside the vibrant town of Corralejo on a 400m long bay, protected by reefs at both ends, this beach front water sports school is perfectly situated for near perfect conditions for all kinds of watersports year round.
– Surf school beach front location
– New equipment every 6-9 months
– Multi-lingual staff and highly qualified instructors
– Shop selling new and used equipment to buy or rent
– Kiosk on the beach selling cold drinks, ice creams, fresh sandwiches & sun cream
– Bar serving food and drinks just 50 meters from the beach
– WiFi is available in the hostels
– Daily breakfast
– Fully equipped kitchens for self-catering plus BBQ area
– Swimming pool at the Surfers’ Retreat hostel
7 nights accommodation in a shared room at the surf hostel
Please note: prices are based on 1 person in a shared dorm (rooms are mixed gender with shared bathrooms only)
A single supplement applies for those travelling solo who wish to book a twin/double room for sole occupancy as a single room
20 hours of windsurfing lessons spread across 5 days (windsurfing takes place on days 2-7)
Suitable for complete beginners
Note: You'll have around 4 hours of windsurfing tuition each day but please note this is dependent on the wind so lessons may need to be on separate days or all on the same day
Transport daily to and from the sailing spot
Lessons might take place at the lagoon in El Cottillo which is about a 40 minute drive depending on weather conditions
Windsurf board, rig and wet suit according to experience level
6 Daily packed lunches
Third party and public liability insurance
Check in anytime after 3pm on the day of arrival and check out by 10am
- Suitable for complete beginners
- Must be able to swim
- Minimum age 18
- Windsurfing is great fun for everyone but it’s best to bear in mind that it can be physically demanding at times
- If you are travelling solo, you will share a mixed dorm room which will help you get to meet your fellow surfers
- With 300 days of sunshine a year, over 150 beaches and many beautiful reefs there is a lot to explore in Fuerteventura be it on foot or by sea
- You can spend your evenings in any of the lively bars the many great restaurants or take a stroll along the beach
- You will be kitted out in top quality wetsuits
- Windsurf brands a plenty from Fanatic, NewWave, AllWave, Eagle, FreeWave, Shark and Viper with varying lengths from 233 - 280cm and a range of volumes. There is also a great selection of top quality rigs, North Natural, North Duke and North Ice and a range of sizes are available to you from 4.2 - 7.0
- Stunning Fuerteventura offers ideal conditions and mild weather for both beginners and experienced sailors year round
- Water rarely dips below 19 degrees and gets to 22 degrees in the Summer months
- For safety reasons, lessons can only take place if the weather conditions permit so please be sure to check the weather conditions with the school in advance of arrival
- In the unlikely event that the conditions mean you cannot take a lesson, lessons will be offered on alternative days and you will be given free surf equipment for the day
- All windsurf equipment will be provided so just bring everything you would normally take to the beach
- Don’t forget sunscreen, swimmers, a hat and a beach towel
Airport transfers are 35€ each way, and can be paid locally.