Discover the Douro Valley
Get off the beaten track, and into the depths of Northern Portugal on a one-of-a-kind, four-day tour of incredible valleys and gorges, majestic wildlife, lush vineyards, and exquisite food and wine.
Highlights of the Trip
- Discover Portugal’s wild side by canoeing on the dramatic Douro River
- Spot the majestic golden eagle, the Bonelli eagle, black storks and griffin vultures with an expert bird watching guide
- Enjoy a guided tour and tasting at one of the most renowned wine estates and producers of port in the country
- Relax with a gourmet picnic lunch in the dappled sunlight of the vineyards with a stunning river view
This four-day, three-night tour of the Douro Valley Region of Northern Portugal is a unique opportunity to discover a little-explored part of true, authentic Portugal.
This is a trip for food and wine lovers, nature enthusiasts, and those that simply want to get away from the crowds and see the real side of a country, away from the crowds of tourists in the cities.
You’ll discover native fauna and flora, enjoy the incredible Douro International Nature Park, and explore the Douro Valley Wine Region. Of course, along the way, you’ll be sampling the very best authentic Portuguese cuisine, the finest wines, and staying in stunning accommodation.
- 3-Nights accommodation as described on each day
- Meals included in the itinerary (soft drinks, beer and house wine included), namely: Breakfast, lunch (day 2 and 3), dinner (day 1)
- Activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal Accident Insurance for the guided activities
- Personal travel journal developed by our team with all the route and coordinates required for the trip (contacts, names, suggestions, etc)
- Welcome reception by a member of the team
- Permanent local assistance
What's Not Included
- Meals not specified as included
- Any transportation not referred as included on the program
- Personal expenses
- Rental car
You will be picked up from Porto International Airport, or, alternatively, from your accommodation in Porto.