Arrive in Casperia on Monday, settle in to your accommodation and meet your fellow yogis during a welcome aperitivo.
Where will I be staying?
– Stay in rustic accommodation within the walls of the village, within a few minutes walk from the retreat itself
– The house has breath-taking panoramic views and is in a supreme location in the village of Casperia
– There is an off-site outdoor private swimming pool available exclusively for guests just a 10 minute walk from the yoga retreat or a short cycle ride away, set in the Casperia countryside surrounded by olive groves and rolling hills (the pool is open from May-October, weather permitting)
This beautiful historic property, the original home of the Count and Countess of Casperia, is a restored Italian palazzo set in its own grounds and gardens. It is furnished in the classic ‘Italianate’ style with the antiques and decor of a noble family home. There are 6 twin bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms (which can be booked for sole occupancy) and the accommodation has a kitchen for self-catering.
Are meals included?
– Breakfast is included each morning and is taken at the lounge-café which is run by local Italians at the yoga retreat
– Breakfast is a buffet style which consists of fresh fruit and vegetable juices and organic produce
– Special diets will be considered with advance notice, but please bear in mind that in a small Italian village, specialist ingredients (dairy/wheat/vegetarian cheese replacements for example) may not be not readily available
Lunch and dinner (extra cost)
– A delicious buffet dinner is provided for all guests on the first evening ( Monday) and includes wine, water and dessert
– Two other evening meals are included and there are cafes and restaurants in Casperia to try on the evening where dinner is not provided.
– Guests usually prepare their own lunches at home, or can take lunch in one of Casperia’s restaurants
– Each accommodation type has a terrace or balcony, so you can enjoy a delicious lunch of Italian food in the sunshine and fresh air
– Full meals, snacks and pizza are available in local cafés, bars and restaurants and the village shops have a range of local food and drinks for guests who wish to prepare meals at home
– The retreat also organise transport to authentic local Italian restaurants and folklore festivals in neighbouring hilltop villages or the countryside, where delicious traditional specialities of vegetarian or non-vegetarian dishes can be enjoyed
– A small fee (per person) is charged for transport to and from these venues