Arrive in Casperia on Monday, settle in to your accommodation and meet your fellow yogis during a welcome aperitivo.
Where will I be staying?
– Stay in rustic accommodation within the walls of the village, within a few minutes walk from the retreat itself
– The house has breath-taking panoramic views and is in a supreme location in the village of Casperia
– There is an off-site outdoor private swimming pool available exclusively for guests just a 10 minute walk from the yoga retreat or a short cycle ride away, set in the Casperia countryside surrounded by olive groves and rolling hills (the pool is open from May-October, weather permitting)
This beautiful historic property, the original home of the Count and Countess of Casperia, is a restored Italian palazzo set in its own grounds and gardens. It is furnished in the classic ‘Italianate’ style with the antiques and decor of a noble family home. There are 6 twin bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms (which can be booked for sole occupancy) and the accommodation has a kitchen for self-catering.
Are meals included?
– Breakfast is included each morning and is taken at the lounge-café which is run by local Italians at the yoga retreat
– Breakfast is a buffet style which consists of fresh fruit and vegetable juices and organic produce
– Special diets will be considered with advance notice, but please bear in mind that in a small Italian village, specialist ingredients (dairy/wheat/vegetarian cheese replacements for example) may not be not readily available
Lunch (extra cost)
– A delicious buffet dinner is provided for all guests on the first evening ( Monday) and includes wine, water and dessert
– Two other evening meals are included and there are cafes and restaurants in Casperia to try on the evening where dinner is not provided.
– Guests usually prepare their own lunches at home, or can take lunch in one of Casperia’s restaurants
– Each accommodation type has a terrace or balcony, so you can enjoy a delicious lunch of Italian food in the sunshine and fresh air
– Full meals, snacks and pizza are available in local cafés, bars and restaurants and the village shops have a range of local food and drinks for guests who wish to prepare meals at home
– The retreat also organise transport to authentic local Italian restaurants and folklore festivals in neighbouring hilltop villages or the countryside, where delicious traditional specialities of vegetarian or non-vegetarian dishes can be enjoyed
– A small fee (per person) is charged for transport to and from these venues
Dinners (3 dinners included)
Delicious dinners are served three evenings of the retreat stay , with locally sourced & organic ingredients including gluten-free and vegetarian options, mineral water and wine is offered with all evening meals.
The area of Sabina and Casperia have a wide range of delicious cuisine and local organic products such as :
Wild porcini Mushrooms, tartufo and fresh organic fruit and vegetables.
A variety of breads, bruschetta, panzanella, real Italian pizza & freshly handmade pasta dishes & risotto.
Local cow, sheep & goat cheeses.
Delicious organic ice creams.
Wines, including Monte Fiascone’s famous ‘Est! Est! Est!’
Sabina olive oil (among Italy’s finest).
Eating in Casperia and the Sabina area will leave you with many amazing Gastronomical experiences and memories.