Vatican Tour From A Jewish Perspective
Gain privileged access to the incredible Vatican City, through the endless hallways, the grand staircases, the incredible collections of art, but from a unique perspective not considered by many who visit.
Highlights of the Trip
- Marvel at the incredible Sistine Chapel artwork and understand its Jewish influence
- Wander the endless collection of artifacts and learn the stories behind them
- Drink in the very first Roman Jewish tomb inscription
Your guide will meet you and take you on a journey through the spectacular Vatican’s huge collection of artifacts, showing you all the highlights of the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica through a unique lens.
It’s not an accident that the whole Sistine Chapel ceiling is covered in wonderful frescoes depicting heroes and heroines from the Hebrew Bible – the Torah – as well as Christ’s Jewish ancestors.
Despite being the hub of the Catholic faith, the Vatican is inextricably linked with a Jewish past that not many understand, or even know of, so this tour offers a unique insight to this bucket list tourist destination.
During the tour, your guide will highlight the most important treasures in the Vatican Museum and, with a special request, we can have access to the Lapidario Ebraico, which features the very first Roman Jewish tomb inscription.
We will also pass through a private entrance to visit the inside of St. Peter’s Basilica and discover the extensive Jewish symbolism present in the world’s greatest Catholic Church.
This is the perfect tour for those who want to experience the majesty and the sheer impressiveness of the Vatican, but in a way that is totally unique.
- English speaking local guide
- Priority entry tickets for the Vatican
- Entry to the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica
- Skip the line priority entrance tickets are available
Meeting point: In front of Caffe Vaticano (Viale Vaticano, 100)
Please note that shoulders and knees must be covered for the duration of the tour.