Pasta Making Course and Market Visit
Join Fabio, a Rome local, for a one-day exploration of Italian cuisine by exploring the very best food shops and markets, before embarking on a pasta-making class where you'll learn to make this dish the Italian way.
Highlights of the Trip
- Take advantage of local knowledge to discover the very best local food shops
- Visit the bustling Campo De’Fiori and carefully select your fresh ingredients
- Learn to make fresh pasta from scratch, the true Italian way
You’ll meet at the a prearranged spot in central Rome for 9.30am, before starting your walking tour of the local food and wine shops and the Campo de’ Fiori market before heading to Fabio’s apartment for your pasta making cooking class.
Set just two blocks from the Spanish Steps right in the heart of Rome is Fabio’s private apartment where you’ll learn Italian cooking techniques and the skills required to cook delicious Italian dishes, with a specific focus on making fresh pasta dishes.
Under the guidance of your fun and friendly Italian host Fabio, who is absolutely passionate about Italian cooking, you will immerse yourself in Italian life to discover the gastronomic delights of Rome.
The aim of the course is to give you the techniques required to cook different pasta dishes as well as one meat dish (vegetarians can be catered for) that will give you the skills to make and cook delicious fresh pasta to impress your friends back home.
You’ll also be taking advantage of spending time with a local Roman, so before the pasta making class Fabio will take you on a walking tour of Rome’s food shops, ending at the famous outdoor food market in Campo de’ Fiori.
The cooking classes run for around 4 hours, and you’ll relax after cooking by sitting down together to enjoy the meal you’ve freshly prepared, accompanied by local wines from the region.
- A walking tour of the local food shops and Campo De’ Fiori market in Rome starting at 9.30am and running for around 1 hour
- 1 hands-on cooking lesson after the walking tour
- The pasta and other dishes you’ve learned to cook that morning and wine
- Gift gnocchi board (to be picked up at That’s Amore restaurant)
- Please note that if Fabio is unavailable, your class will be taken by another of the school’s equally amazing and knowledgeable chefs
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
You’ll learn to cook in the private kitchen of professional chef and avid food lover, Fabio, in his own beautiful apartment, set just two blocks away from the famous Spanish Steps in the centre of Rome.
In a fun and informal setting, you will learn to cook delicious recipes that will take you on not only a culinary journey, but also a cultural one throughout Italy.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced foodies
– Minimum age: 10 (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult) with no upper age limit