One Day Cookery Course
Escape the bustle of Rome and head out to the tranquil atmosphere of Mazzano Romano, a medieval village set in the beautiful Roman countryside, for a unique cooking experience with Chef Fabio.
Highlights of the Trip
- Escape Rome for the relaxing, magical atmosphere of medieval Mazzano
- Truly immerse yourself in authentic Italian cuisine and learn to make the classic dishes
- Enjoy a delicious, freshly prepared meal with the best wines the region has to offer
Located a short drive away from the bustling centre of Rome is the medieval village of Mazzano; an oasis of calm and beauty and the setting for your cookery course.
You’ll be picked up from outside the Regis Hotel in central Rome at around 8:30 am, and driven for around 30 minutes to an hour depending on traffic, out into the countryside to the village, where you’ll be met by Fabio.
Steeped in natural beauty, Mazzano with its clean environment is a popular retreat for many Roman families looking to escape the hustle and bustle of Rome’s city center.
Chef Fabio will take you on a walking tour so you can really appreciate the beauty of the village, a place that doesn’t receive many foreign tourists, to see where the local Roman city dwellers escape to.
Then, under the guidance of your fun and friendly Italian Chef Fabio, who is passionate about Italian cooking, you will immerse yourself in Italian life and discover the gastronomic delights of Rome.
You’ll enjoy cooking fresh pasta and learning the secrets of Italian cuisine, such as how to select the best ingredients from the market and check what is in season. At the end of the cooking course, you’ll enjoy a sit-down meal prepared by yourself, along with some excellent regional wines.
Finally, you’ll be dropped off back in Rome at around 4pm.
- Walking tour of Mazzano village
- Italian hands-on cooking lesson
- The delicious meal you’ve learned to cook accompanied by wine
- A return transfer from the Regis Hotel in Rome (full details including the address will be on your booking voucher) to Mazzano
- Gift gnocchi board (to be picked up at That’s Amore restaurant)
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
Your meeting point will be at the Regis Hotel in central Rome. Please arrive in good time for the 8:30 am pickup.
The address is Via Vittorio E. Orlando, 3, 00185 Roma RM, Italy.
Around 50 minutes from the bustling centre of Rome is the tranquillity and beauty of the medieval village of Mazzano. 250m above sea level and surrounded by the forest of the Treja Regional Park, the ancient Etruscan past of this village is felt at every corner.
– Located around 50 minutes drive from the centre of Rome escaping the hustle and bustle of the city centre
– Hands-on classes with small groups for personal attention
– Discover delicious wines from the region
– See where the locals go to escape the city and discover the area under the guidance of Chef Fabio on a walk around Mazzano to explore this medieval village
– If you choose to stay overnight, stay in the guest house in one of the restored rooms that cleverly mix modernity with rustic features from the original building
– Overlooking the tranquil Treja river and the Teja regional park
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced foodies
– Minimum age: 10 (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult) with no upper age limit
– Please note: this cooking course runs for a minimum of 2 people, and solo travellers are welcome to join an existing group
Please note that if Fabio is unavailable your class will be taken by another of the school’s equally amazing and knowledgeable chefs.