– Arrive in the afternoon and get settled into your room, then begin with a painting session.
– A 3-course dinner will be served in the evening!
Jo Surridge is the host and tutor on her wonderful art holidays in South West France. Jo studied Art and Art History at Leicester University before becoming the senior paper conservator for Hampshire County Museums Service for 16 years. She then went onto complete a teaching diploma in Art and Restoration and gained a certificate in Bookbinding .. Read More
The itinerary is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on the group’s needs and wishes but is typically as follows:
– After breakfast each day, there will be a morning session from 10am-12:30pm followed by a break for lunch
– Morning sessions will be a time for group discussion and experimenting with techniques, styles, and finding out exactly what you want to achieve
– Your afternoons will be free to continue your art, relax by the pool, go for a walk in the country or even add additional tuition time with Jo for an extra cost (this can be added during the booking process).
– Gorgeous 3 course dinners are either in the dining room or on the terraces at around 7:30pm
– Evenings after dinner are for you to enjoy at your leisure
– Thursday evenings throughout the summer, your hosts visit the local night market in Ste Foy La Grande where you can dance to live music and taste freshly cooked local food, beers and wines
– If your departure time allows, a visit to the famous Ste Foy Farmers Market on a Saturday morning is a must!
Tuesday 22nd October, 2019
I had the best time learning new skills in watercolour in a fabulous location along with excellent service and teaching from Jo. I highly recommend this if you enjoy art, peace and quiet surrounded by nature (and animals) and enjoy wine on the side! The perfect combination for a relaxing time away.
Sunday 15th September, 2019
Had an amazing and memorable experience on this painting holiday last September. I'm from Canada and decided to do this solo trip, unsure of what to expect. Jo-Anne is a super-talented artist and great teacher who was very warm and welcoming. The property was gorgeous, and very serene. Great setting that was both very calming and inspiring for me as a beginner painter. Jo tailored her lessons and the overall experience to meet my learning needs as well as show me a great time in Sainte Foy so I could get a taste of the great food, wine and culture of the region. I had an unforgettable experience and recommend this holiday to anyone who needs a tranquil getaway while connecting with their artistic side.
Wednesday 8th May, 2019
Set in a peaceful and inspiring location in a charming house. Jo and her partner are wonderful, generous hosts welcoming us wholeheartedly into their home. They kindly invited us to join them to meet their friends, giving us a special pan-European, cultural experience. Jo is an encouraging teacher.