Wine and gastronomy are part of Catalonia’s culture. Through this tour, delve into the Penedès region to learn all about the fascinating world of wine. Covering a long strip of land between the sea and the mountains, the influence of the sun and the Mediterranean Sea make the Penedès a privileged territory for winemaking.
Enjoy an exclusive day out to a two local wineries in Penedès Region and taste 4 excellent wines and 4 glasses of Cava paired with a selection of bytes & tapas. Drive through 2700 years old vineyard landscape accompanied by a local viticulturist in the vineyards to learn everything there is about wine-making!
You will be travel from Barcelona on a luxury private bus to visit two hand-picked wineries. Our first stop is a family-run boutique winery which has been cultivating vines for more than two thousand years. Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by an expert guide who will tell you about the history of this millenary winery and guide you into the wine cellar. In this remarkable space, learn fascinating facts about grape varieties, vine growing, wine making or the optimal conditions for its storage.
Then, you will have the opportunity to sample four delicious wines in a stylish tasting room, accompanied by an assortment of gourmet delicatessen, to underline the extraordinary nuances of the wine. After this, we will visit the traditional manor house (current residence of the owner family) and the vineyards, to discover the art and secrets of winemaking!
To add a bit of luxury to the tour, your adventure will continue in a convertible 4×4 car through the vineyards (approx. 40 min.) You will be accompanied by your guide and a viticulturist, a true wine expert! This will be a unique and exclusive way to visit a stunning rural landscape with endless vineyards. Along the way, make sure to admire a Romanesque church settle among the vineyards and belonging to the manor.
The second wine cellar you will visit is an equally historical winery specialised in Cava, a naturally sparkling wine with an unmistakable flavour deeply rooted in Catalonia. This is an ancestral estate built over an old farmhouse but hosting cutting-edge design facilities.
You will have the exclusive opportunity to enter the Capella, the heart of the cellar, which is the oldest part of the winery. An enchanting candle-lighted ancient room where time stands still. After visiting the vineyard and cellar, taste 4 unique Cavas.
These are also paired by a selection of appetisers to enhance the experience.
- 2016 Sauvignon blanc
- 2014 Syrah & Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2015 Chardonnay & Xarel·lo
- 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Gran Reserva 2014 Xarel·lo, Macabeu & Parellada
- Vintage Gran Reserva 2012 Xarel·lo & Chardonnay
- Cuvée Gran Reserva 2014 Xarel·lo & Chardonnay
- Vintage rosé Gran Reserva 2013 Pinot Noir
Tapas will include:
Green Picked Olives, Toasted Bread with Tomato (Catalan Bread), Local selection of nuts, Goat cheese pearls, Cured sheep cheese with quince jelly, Chips, “Fuet” with toasted bread (Catalan Bread), Iberic Ham on toasted bread, Cured sheep cheese, Catanias (chocolates)
Raise your glass for a toast to a great wine experience!
08:45: Meet your driver at Passatge de la Concepció, 7
09:00: Experience starts at Paseo de Gracia
- Go through Barcelona and see the great modernist buildings around the city
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns
- Drive you through the Countryside where you can enjoy the views
- Arrive into the Penedes area, all full of vineyards
10:00: Arrive at Pere Ventura, the winery for the Cava
- Visit with a specialist the cellars where they make the Cava
- Learn about the process to make Cava
- Learn how they where doing it centuries ago and how they are making it nowadays
- Finish the visit by tasting four of their best Cavas
12:00: Transfer with your driver to Can Bas
12:10: Arrive at Can Bas
- Travel around the vineyards with a jeep, learning about the vines and the grapes
- Learn about the history of the Family Ventura
- Visit the cellars where they make the wine
- Learn about the process of making wine
- Finish the visit tasting four different wines
14:00: Meet your driver again to return to Barcelona
15:00: Return to Passatge de la Concepció, 7