Hanoi to Bai Tu Long Bay
This immersive tour takes you to the remote villages North of Hanoi and then to the iconic Ha Long Bay and beyond to the lesser known Bai Tu Long Bay - Just as stunning but a little less visited.
You will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your Deluxe hotel in Hanoi. Then early the nest morning we head off to Ba Be National Park. Ba Be is a haven of extraordinary scenery, fascinating biodiversity and rich culture. The ethnic minority communities live in small hamlets and still maintain a simple way of life, living off the land and fishing from the lakes and rivers. As you adventure through the national park you will have the chance to meet the local people and discover their history and culture. You will experience a homestay here and then The next destination on our trip is Cao Bang Town. where, the Hmong, Zao, Tho and Nung ethnic minority peoples live.
On day 4 we head to Ban Gioc Waterfall, the fourth largest waterfall along a national border, You’ll also get to board a bamboo boat and get right up close to the raging waterfall.
Next we’ll visit a local market where you get to experience the diverse cultures of the area, before hiking to Phat Tich Temple and stay overnight in Lang Son. Day 5 we head to Ha Long Bay and on to the more remote Bai Tu Long Bay. Where you will board a traditional Vietnamese Junk. Overnight on-board with the ship anchored in the Cong Do Area of the bay.
After your breakfast you cruise towards Thien Canh Son Cave and you will have time to explore the cave before cruising back and disembarking where your driver will meet you to take you back to Hanoi.
Highlights of the Trip
- Discover Ba Be Lake
- Visit to the local village of Coc Toc – meet with the Tay people and get an insight into their way of life
- Visit to Ban Gioc Waterfall – one of the largest in the world and one of the most incredible natural sights in Vietnam
- Phat Tich Temple which aside from being a great cultural experience, offers some of the best views of Ban Gioc Waterfall
- Cao Bang Town – this local village is where the H’mong, Zao, Tho and Nung ethnic minorities call home
- Bai Tu Long Bay – one the lesser known iconic natural beauties of Vietnam