Canyoning is the perfect summer adventure, and the Serendipity Canyon offers a variety of exciting activities including swimming, wading, jumping into pools ('water-jumps'), abseiling through waterfalls, bush walking and scrambling over rocks and boulders.
Serendipity is one of the most delightful of canyons in the Blue Mountains, and is suitable for anyone with a little abseil or canyoning experience. Serendipity offers four wet abseils and a heart in your throat water jump. Although the abseils are not long, they do offer passage to the deeper sections of the canyon; the hemmed in nature of the walls and water throughout the abseil sections add to their unique appeal. Beautiful scenery and abundant wildlife – especially yabbies – also enhance the experience of this canyon. Lunch is enjoyed on a sunny rock platform at the junction of Serendipity and the Wollangambe River. We can exit here or if time permits we can proceed upstream to the Wollangambe exit. The walk out takes about 1 ¼ hours and is steep in places. A truly fantastic day for lovers of adventure.
• All the gear you need; wetsuit, harness, helmet, backpack, wet weather gear, first aid kits, waterproof bags, carabiners, abseil
descenders and sunscreen
• All National Parks and Wildlife Service park fees
• Adventure guide
• Transport on the day, and information about arriving in Katoomba, where to park, accommodation and local transport
• Delicious lunch chosen by you from either our tailored summer or winter menu, plus snacks and tea and coffee
What's Not Included
• Sneakers/sandshoes and woollen socks to wear in the canyon. These will get wet
• Swimming costume
• Personal medication
• Transport to and from our office
• Water bottle – at least 1.5 litres