Abseiling and Empress Falls Canyon – Full Day
Canyoning is the perfect summer adventure and often involves a variety of activities including swimming, wading, jumping into pools ('water-jumps'), abseiling through waterfalls, bush walking and scrambling over rocks and boulders. Come and join us for a truly memorable day of adventure.
A fantastic day abseiling and canyoning for beginners. We’ll learn the fundamentals of abseiling in the morning at our exclusive North Boyce abseiling site. Abseils range in height from 3 meters to 25 metersand you’ll get to do lots of abseils as you hone your skills and technique, and gain confidence on the ropes. After lunch you’ll put your newly acquired skills to use in the exciting and action packed Empress Falls Canyon. Scrambling, wading, swimming and jumping all lead to a thrilling climax – an amazing 30 meter abseil straight down a pounding waterfall. The walk out at the end is short and steep, with a 25 minute climb up the stairs and you’re back at the car park.
• All the gear you need; wetsuit, harness, helmet, backpack, wet weather gear, first aid kits, waterproof bags, carabiners, abseil
descenders and sunscreen
• All National Parks and Wildlife Service park fees
• Adventure guide
• Transport on the day, and information about arriving in Katoomba, where to park, accommodation and local transport
• Delicious lunch chosen by you from either our tailored summer or winter menu, plus snacks and tea and coffee
What's Not Included
• Sneakers/sandshoes and woollen socks to wear in the canyon. These will get wet
• Swimming costume
• Personal medication
• Transport to and from Katoomba
• Water bottle – at least 1.5 litres