Spanish Wine Tour – VIP Tour of Priorat
Priorat is one of the most stunning old-world wine regions known for Spain’s most sophisticated and sought-after red wines. The remote rocky hills of the Priorat are the birthplace of intense, mineral filled, reds that many collectors consider to be Spain’s most elite wines.
On this private tour of the region, you'll explore the vineyards and the award winning wineries with an expert wine guide.
Here’s what you’ll do:
09:00 Private guide and driver to pick you up from your hotel in Barcelona and depart for the beautiful, old-world village of Gratallops, Priorat (est. drive time = 2hours)
11:30 Current vintage tasting at the award-winning winery Costers del Siurana (www.costersdelsiurana.com) with owner Carles Pastrana.
13:30 A la carte lunch at the excellent restaurant El Celler de Gratallops
16:00 Vineyard Visit and Tasting at Clos Dominic a relatively small endeavor that was created by Dominic Bairaguet and her husband Paco Castillo . They started making wine in 2002 with a very limited equipment’: just had a couple of tanks and six barrels in the basement of their home that used to be a baker’s oven.
Clos Dominic remains the same small winery of their beginnings a decade ago, but their products still receive high recognition from the wine critics .
18:00 Depart for Barcelona (est. drive time = 2 hours) and drop off at the Hotel.
Highlights of the Trip
- Tour and Tasting at the award winning winery Costers del Siurana
- Vineyard Visit and Tasting at Clos Dominic
- Exquisite A la carte lunch at the excellent restaurant El Celler de Gratallops
- A VIP private winery and vineyard tour at both wineries visited, hosted by the GM or winemaker of each winery (2 winery visits).
- An exclusive current vintage tasting at each winery visited.
- A personal wine-expert, guide and translator for the entire duration of the tour.
- A gourmet lunch at one of the best restaurant of the region. ( all drinks included)
- Private transportation to and from your tour to your location of choice (including all gas and tolls.
- Bottled water throughout the duration of the trip
- Unlimited 24-hour assistance with anything the group may need during their tour
- Booking and administration fees.