Spanish Wine Tour – VIP Tour of Penedès
With a history of making both red and white wines that dates back to 4th Century BC, it's fair to say Penedès is up there with the world's best wine lands.
The region has also become somewhat of an expert in Cava. So much so, it's earned the nickname: ‘Cava Country.’ This is Spain’s equivalent to the Champagne region of France. Although most of the varieties planted here are white, this stunning and easily accessible wine region is becoming well known for both red and white wines of exceptional quality.
The undulating hills of Penedés are framed by the Mediterranean Sea on one side and by the Montserrat mountains on another, so be sure to bring your camera as Penedés is paradise on earth and you might want to snap a few pictures to remember your once-in-a-lifetime trip to Spain’s Garden of Eden.
On this VIP experience you’ll explore the Penedès’ vast vineyards and some of the historic, family run wineries with a local, expert wine guide.
Here’s your itinerary…
10:00 Private chauffeur and expert wine guide/translator will to pick you up at your hotel in Sitges/Barcelona and depart for the beautiful D.O. Penedès wine appellation (est. drive time = 45 mins).
11:00 Winery visit at the historic Caves Llopart (www.llopart.com). The Llopart family combined the cultivation of traditional agricultural Mediterranean products: grapevine, wheat and olive since 1385.
14:00 A picnic in an elegant setting, takes place in the middle of a vineyard, which offers unbeatable views.
A straw hat and a wicker basket will be delivered to every visitor and will contain: · A vegetable sandwich · “Escalivada” bread (is a traditional Catalan dish of smoky grilled vegetables. It typically consists of roasted eggplant and bell peppers with olive oil and sometimes onion, tomato, minced garlic and salt) · An olive sandwich with Iberian ham · Spanish omelette (made of potatoes) with bread slices topped with tomato · Local cold meats (cheese, spicy pork sausage and cold sausage) · Macarone pasta· Fresh fruit jelly
The wines and cavas served in this activity, will be the cavas included in the Gran Reserva Tour.
15:00 Visit and tasting at the D.O. Penedes’ premier organic wine producer, Albet I Noya (www.albetinoya.com).
17:00 Depart. Penedés for Sitges /Barcelona and drop off guests at a location of their choice.
– End of the Tour-
Highlights of the Trip
- Discover the taste and flavours visit of one of the regions most renowned wine producers Caves Llopart. Who have been in the business since the 14the century.
- Exquisite, traditional picnic in the middle of one the vineyards. With authentic Spanish food and wine (of course).
- Private isit to Albet I Noya one of the regions premier organic wine producers
- A VIP winery tour at each winery visited ( 2 wineries)
- An exclusive current vintage tasting at each winery visited.
- A personal wine-expert, guide and translator for the entire duration of the tour.
- Private transportation to and from your tour to your location of choice (including all gas and tolls).
- Picnic at the Winery.
- Bottled water throughout the duration of the trip.
- Unlimited 24-hour assistance with anything the group may need during their tour.
- Booking and administration fees.
Cava Llopart, Carretera de Sant Sadurní a Ordal, Els Casots, Spain