Spanish Language & Cooking Course
Learn Spanish in the morning and how to prepare classic Spanish dishes in the afternoon on this popular 1-week course in the vibrant city of Malaga for all Spanish language levels. You’ll be amazed at how much you pick up & how much fun you have when learning Spanish and cooking in Spain!
Highlights of the Trip
- Immerse yourself in Spanish culture, speaking the language and cooking the food.
- Learn all the secrets of truly authentic Spanish cooking.
- Meet other Spanish-learners and practice your language skills.
Whatever your Spanish level; choosing to combine Spanish lessons in Malaga, Spain with Spanish cookery lessons is the best way to accelerate your learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local culture and take home two new skills that will stay with you long after your trip is over.
At this friendly language school in Malaga, you will be taught by highly qualified native Spanish speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven teaching techniques.
Lessons are highly interactive and you will speak Spanish from day 1 both inside and outside of the classroom. With four language lessons per day and interesting and social optional activities organised by the school, each day will see you increasing in confidence as you put your new skills into practice.
In the afternoon, don your apron and head into the kitchen to learn all about classic Spanish gastronomy as you learn how to make dishes such as paella, Spanish omelette and gazpacho during hands-on cooking lessons.
- 20 group, 45 minute Spanish lessons (for complete beginners to advanced levels)
- Spanish lessons take place from 9am-12.15pm, Monday to Friday
- Language level test
- Class materials (photocopies and textbooks)
- 3 private Spanish cookery lessons per week lasting 2 hours each
- Internet / WiFi access
- Social and cultural activity programme (some with small extra charge)
What's Not Included
- Accommodation (can be added as an optional extra when booking).
By choosing a Spanish language course in Malaga, you really are getting the best of both worlds by combining beach and city life. The language school’s carefully chosen location is ideal; just a 15 minute walk to the beach and a 15 minute bus ride to the city centre. Giving you the chance to cool off by the sea as well as take in the historical monuments and rich architecture in the centre.
The language school is located in the Vistafranca in the west of the city, a typical Andalusian barrio (neighbourhood). Here you can enjoy everything the Mediterranean coast has to offer; delicious cuisine, the Misericordia beaches a short walk away and the lovely city of Malaga on your doorstep.
The neighbourhood is bursting with vibrant everyday life and full of locals you can practise your new found Spanish language skills with. There are also great bars, cafes and restaurants you can sample in your free time as well as Parque del Oeste, markets and fruit stalls for you to stroll around.
When asked why students should choose Malaga, the school director responded, ‘the weather, the beach, the sunsets, the nightlife, the modern centre, the monuments that enrich every corner of the city, not to mention the Malagueños are undoubtedly the most friendly and warmest people in Spain.’ You can’t argue with that.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all Spanish language levels from complete beginners to advanced
– Non-beginners are welcome to start on any Monday throughout the year
– Beginners will be asked to start on specific start dates throughout the year and there are typically one of these dates per month
– Cooking lessons are suitable for all levels and experience (please note lessons will be held in Spanish)
– Minimum age 18
Who will I meet?
– People come from all over the world and you’ll never be placed in a class with just English speakers so that you use the language you are learning rather than resorting to chatting in English
– Ages vary, but the typical language learner falls in to the 20-60 age bracket though we have no age limit and we’ve had guests in their 70s and 80s studying languages with us
– During the summer and in university holiday times the average age typically drops and there are many guests in their 20s
– Over 90% of our language learners travel solo and every school organises social and cultural activities to help you get to know others at the school outside of class
– Of course, everyone shares a passion or interest in discovering a new language and culture
When can I start?
– The language school is open year round with a break for Christmas
– Spanish and cooking courses start on Mondays and finish on Fridays
– If you choose to book the optional accommodation, you will check-in on Sunday and check-out the following Saturday
– Students can stay more than one week; for prices and information, please contact us at [email protected]
What will I learn?
– The language lessons are highly interactive and you will speak Spanish from day 1, both inside and outside of the classroom
– This course has been designed to improve your general Spanish level and will give you the confidence and fluency to help you to communicate
– 2 lessons per day will focus on grammar and vocabulary and the other 2 will focus on listening and conversation skills
– In the cookery lessons, you will learn about Spanish gastronomy and its classic dishes
– During hands-on lessons, you will prepare great dishes such as Spanish omelette, gazpacho and, of course, paella
– The lessons are also a great way to learn and improve your Spanish vocabulary
What can I do in my free time?
– The school offers a host of optional cultural activities throughout the week
– You will have the chance to take part in different activities such as tapas tours, paella parties and cultural excursions to the city’s museums (some activities may come with an additional charge)
– You will also have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills or just kick back and relax by the beach on this learning holiday with a difference
– The language school may ask you to complete an online level test before your arrival
– This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Where can I stay?
– This school offers optional accommodation in a host family or a shared apartment with other students and Spanish locals
– This can be added during the booking process and more information can be found under the ‘Optional accommodation’ tab.