Flamenco Guitar Lessons & Spanish Course
Combine the fire of Flamenco with a Spanish course on this 1 week learn Spanish and flamenco guitar course where you’ll have private flamenco guitar lessons each day as well as 1.5 hours of Spanish classes leaving you plenty of free time to soak up the sights and flamenco sounds of Seville.
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn Flamenco guitar lessons in Seville.
- Immerse yourself in the beautiful Spanish Language.
- Explore Seville and soak up the sights.
Pursue your passion for playing the guitar with flamenco guitar lessons in Seville – the home of flamenco. Combine guitar lessons with a Spanish course to really immerse yourself in the local Spanish culture and progress rapidly practising your new found language skills in your free time.
With 1.5 hours of private one-on-one flamenco guitar lessons each day together with another 1.5 hours of Spanish classes each day, this course leaves plenty of free time to explore Seville and soak up the sights and flamenco sounds all around you.
Get more from your holiday, play your guitar to the rhythm of flamenco, learn Spanish, have fun, meet new people and take home two new skills that will stay with you long after the holiday is over.
- 5 x 1.5 hour private flamenco guitar playing lessons
- Guitar lessons take place Monday to Friday each week (times will be confirmed after booking)
- 5 x 1.5 hour group Spanish language lessons (max 7 in a group)
- Spanish lessons take place Monday to Friday (times will be confirmed after booking to fit in with your guitar lessons)
- A Spanish language level test
- Information on local Flamenco shows around Seville
- Map of Seville
- One evening out led by a school representative each Monday to help you socialise and meet others studying Flamenco at the school
- WiFi at the school
- Please note: a guitar can be used for free for the lessons and for practising anytime at the school (subject to availability), however, if you wish to take it to your accommodation, you can rent it for €20 Euro for 1 week subject to availability (€50 deposit to be returned at the end of the week)
What's Not Included
- Accommodation (but can be added)
- Personal Expenses
Located in one of the lively Macarena district of Seville, this Flamenco school was founded in 1994 and teaches more than 600 students each year how to dance and play guitar to the rhythm of Flamenco.
Macarena covers the northern area of the historical city centre reaching the old city walls. It’s a residential area with many churches and Flamenco clubs offering visitors an insight into local life that reaches beyond seeing Seville as a ‘tourist’.
– Two sound-proofed, cushioned floor dance studios
– Dressing rooms with showers (men and women)
– Roof top terrace for socialising and relaxing
– Common room featuring library with Flamenco music & books
– Teachers are keen to show you Seville and introduce you to local Flamenco shows for a complete cultural experience
– Classes will be given in Spanish but most teachers will know some basic English
– The school’s staff often perform at worldwide Flamenco events
– Located just down the road from the Alameda de Hercules
– A 25 minute walk through the old town to Alcazar, Museum of Fine Arts, Plaza Nueva and the Olympic Stadium
You can add accommodation to your booking in a shared apartment in the Macarena district with other students or Spanish locals for 6 nights.
You will have your own room and will share a kitchen and bathroom. Rooms are safe and clean and are located within a 10-15 minute walk of the school in the historic centre of Seville. The rooms are rented by locals so you will be staying with people who know the city very well. In some cases, the owner may rent more than one room so you may share the apartment with other students from the school. However, this is not guaranteed.
Bed sheets are provided but please remember to bring your own towels. Meals are not included but you can use the kitchen to prepare food. Prices include a small booking fee and are based on arrivals on the Sunday afternoon before your course starts and end on the Saturday morning after your course has finished. Check-in is anytime after 3pm on Sunday with check-out by 10am on Saturday morning. Your exact accommodation location and key pick up details will be emailed to you approximately 1 week before the start of your course.
IMPORTANT – Easter and Feria de Abril
During the dates around and including Easter and Feria de abril, accommodation in Seville is limited and cannot be guaranteed. Accommodation prices are also subject to a surcharge of €70 for a single room and €100 for a double room. Please contact us if you would like to enquire about these dates.
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Seville (SVQ – 10km away, 20 minutes from the school)
Jerez (90km 1h 10mins), Cadiz (130km 1h 30mins)
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport and cost approximately €25 each way.
By public transport:
Trains and buses are frequent from other cities in Spain, and there are good connections between Seville and Madrid, Malaga or any other Spanish city. Information on how to find train times and prices will be on your confirmation voucher.
The metro from Seville airport to the city centre is typically the cheapest and fastest way to travel.
If you are booking accommodation with your course, you’ll check in to your accommodation on Sunday and check out on Saturday.
Who is this suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced
– It is preferable that you know the basics of guitar playing
– Minimum age 16
– Courses are taught in Spanish but the majority of guitar teachers speak English so you don’t have to worry if your Spanish is basic or if you are a beginner
– Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to advanced Spanish learners
– Minimum age 16
When can I start?
– The school is open year round
– Courses start every Monday and lessons run from Monday to Friday each week
– If you book the optional accommodation with this learning holiday, you’ll check-in on Sunday before the course starts
Do I need to bring my own instrument?
– You are welcome to bring your own guitar
– The school do have a limited amount of guitars that can be borrowed whilst you are on the school grounds free of charge; if you would like to borrow a guitar for the entire week at a small extra charge
– The guitar rental fee is €20 for the first week then €10 per week for each additional week after that, plus a €50 deposit that will be returned once the student returns the guitar (please note: this is an extra service offered to students and is subject to availability)