Painting Holiday in Spain
The beautiful Andalucían mountain village of Torrox, located between Malaga and Nerja, is the setting for this popular 7 night painting holiday where you’ll immerse yourself in Andalucían life and be inspired by the beautiful surroundings whilst brushing up on your painting skills.
Highlights of the Trip
- Visit 5 different location for inspiration & to paint ‘ en plen air’.
- Great weather are the Costa Del Sol beaches just in 15 minutes away.
- Includes accommodation, meals & return transfers from Malaga Airport.
This unique painting holiday in the heart of Andalucia, Spain, aims to develop your drawing and painting skills whilst you develop your own personal interpretation of the beautiful Andalucian landscape.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced painter, the course will be tailored uniquely to you to help improve your techniques, learn new skills and increase your confidence through expert tuition and advice.
This holiday will be offering different guest artists for each date. They are all extremely passionate and have a wealth of experience in art and painting. Please see below for more information.
By combining your painting holiday with visits to a beach, tropical garden, mountainous villa, castle, local towns and just simply relaxing, this inspiring painting holiday promises not just a creative experience but also a cultural one.
- 7 nights accommodation in a village house private bedroom with private bathroom
- Please note: prices are per person and based on 1 person staying in a shared village house but with your own private room and bathroom; terrace, kitchen & lounges are shared with others on the holiday
- Upgrades to a local hotel can be made based on availability
- 5 days of painting tuition from a guest artist
- Painting equipment – easels, drawing boards, lightweight folding chairs
- You must bring your own brushes and paints (you will be sent a materials list prior to your holiday via email)
- All transport to all painting locations
- Breakfast daily in the form of a self-catering breakfast pack
- All lunches and evening meals during the activity programme including a welcome dinner on the first night – please arrive in Torrox by 5pm (please note meals will not be provided on the free day)
- A return transfer from Malaga Airport at set times (please advise your arrival flight details at least 14 days before the date of travel)
- Please note: Transfers from the airport available at 12 noon (your flight must arrive before 12 noon) and back to the airport at 9am (your flight must leave after 12 noon) – if your flight arrives outside of this time, please contact us as private transfers can be arranged at extra cost of 60 Euros each way
- All guests must check out of their rooms by 10am on departure day
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
Your holiday will be based in the typical white Andalucian pueblo of Torrox. Situated between Malaga and Nerja, this beautiful mountain village offers stunning landscape scenery, unique architecture and a near perfect climate year round.
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Malaga (40km away)
Complimentary return airport transfer:
A return transfer from Malaga Airport is included in the price of your holiday at set times which are:
Arrival: valid for all flights that arrive into Malaga Airport BEFORE 12 noon
Departure: you will leave Torrox at 9am which suits flights departing Malaga Airport AFTER 12 noon
If your flights arrive/depart outside these times, private transfers can be arranged for an additional cost of 60 Euros each way which is payable to the directly to the driver.
PLEASE NOTE: all guests must arrive in Torrox for 5pm at the latest to ensure they are able to attend the welcome dinner on the first night.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all from budding artists to experienced painters
2020 schedule –
5 June – Dawn Oliver: watercolours
12 June – Klaus Hinkel: watercolours
8 September – Klaus Hinkel: watercolours
– Painting holidays make great singles holidays and there is no single supplement on this course if you are travelling solo
Restricted mobility access
Please find below some information regarding the accommodation and location of the holiday which may be useful when deciding if this is the right holiday for you; should you have an further questions, please contact us and we will be happy to help
– We generally do not recommend this location for those with restricted mobility
– The holiday is based in a mountain village with steps, narrow streets and guests stay in Andalucian style house, all of which have stairs in
– If a person is able to walk but has ‘some’ restrictions then we would need further information concerning their needs and would be very honest if we felt the person could not participate in the activity holidays
Are meals included?
– Breakfast is included daily for this holiday and will be served at the hotel restaurant
– All lunches and dinners are also included except for on your free day
– Lunches and dinners will be taken at local restaurants
Complimentary airport transfers
– Your hosts offer a courtesy transfer to and from Malaga Airport to Torrox
– If you would like a courtesy transfer, please note that transfers from Malaga to Torrox leave the airport at 12 noon (your flight must arrive before 12 noon) on arrival day and transfers from Torrox to Malaga airport leave Torrox at 9.00am (your flight must depart after 12 noon)
– If you are unable to make the times for the courtesy transfer, a private transfer can be arranged and costs 60 Euros which is payable to the driver