Spanish & Flamenco Dance Holiday
Learn Spanish & how to dance flamenco on this 1-week course in Madrid, Spain’s lively capital city; suitable for all Spanish language and dance levels. You’ll be amazed at how much you pick up & how much fun you have when learning Spanish and flamenco in Spain and take home two new skills!
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn Spanish in the heart of the city in one of the most exclusive districts.
- 10 additional activities dedicated to learning more about Madrid & the language.
- 5 flamenco dance classes at a local dance school with locals.
Whatever your Spanish level; choosing to combine Spanish lessons in Madrid with dance lessons is the best way to accelerate your learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local culture and take home two new skills that will stay with you long after your trip is over.
At this friendly language school in the heart of Madrid, you will be taught by highly qualified native Spanish speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven teaching techniques.
Lessons are highly interactive and you will speak Spanish from day 1 both inside and outside of the classroom. With four language lessons per day and interesting and social optional activities organised by the school, each day will see you increasing in confidence as you put your new skills into practice.
The flamenco dance classes normally take place in the evenings, making them the perfect way to relax after time in the classroom. Whether you’ve never danced before in your life, or you have an advanced dance level, the course will be adapted to your needs.
The language school works in partnership with one of Madrid’s best dance schools, just a short metro ride away from the language school. You will meet Spanish locals and you don’t even need a dance partner – there are always plenty of other students of the opposite gender so forming partners is easy.
- 20 group, 50 minute Spanish lessons (for complete beginners to advanced levels)
- Spanish lessons take place in the afternoon, Monday to Friday
- Language level test
- Class materials (photocopies and textbooks)
- 5 x 1 hour flamenco dance classes at a local dance school
- Please note: the language school works with a variety of dance schools located between a 20 minute walk from the language school to 25 minutes via public transport
- Dance class timetable and location will ONLY be confirmed a couple of days before arrival
- Welcome tapas and drinks evening in a typical Spanish restaurant with representatives from the school
- Internet / WiFi access
- Social and cultural activity programme (some with small extra charge)
- Certificate upon course completion
What's Not Included
- Accommodation (option to add homestay accommodation when booking).
It all began in 2006. This language school was built from a small Madrid city centre flat to the fastest growing school in Spain, which has also recently opened a sister school in Malaga. This friendly language school is centrally located, right in the heart of Madrid, in the city’s most exclusive Salamanca district and only minutes away from the Retiro Park in Madrid’s Golden Mile.
Staff at the school pride themselves on creating a home away from home for students combined with a fun educational atmosphere, where Spanish lessons can be continued outside the classroom during a wide range of afternoon activities, weekend trips and accommodation experiences.
In fact, students and teachers gather every Friday night for conversation and drinks during ‘Noche de Copas’, an old school tradition that gives everyone the chance to meet new people and have fun while brushing up on their language skills.
The school also holds the highest internationally recognized certifications for language schools, such as Instituto Cervantes and FEDELE, but also manages to maintain a familiar feel with their specialised Student Care Team, who are there to help and support students during their stay.
– Centrally located in Barrio de Salamanca
– Excellent public transport links close to metro and bus stops
– Bright and airy classrooms
– WiFi throughout
– Access to computers
– Chill out area with vending machines
– Self-study centre with access to Spanish reading and listening material (open 9am-9pm)
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all Spanish language levels from complete beginners to advanced
– Non-beginner Spanish speakers can start on any available date
– Beginners will be asked to start on specific start dates
– Dance lessons are suitable for all levels and experience but will be held in Spanish at a local dance school with other Spanish people
– Minimum age 17
Who will I meet?
– People come from all over the world and you’ll never be placed in a class with just English speakers so that you use the language you are learning rather than resorting to chatting in English
– Ages vary, but the typical language learner falls in to the 20-60 age bracket though we have no age limit and we’ve had guests in their 70s and 80s studying languages with us
– During the summer and in university holiday times the average age typically drops and there are many guests in their 20s
– Over 90% of our language learners travel solo and every school organises social and cultural activities to help you get to know others at the school outside of class
– Of course, everyone shares a passion or interest in discovering a new language and culture
When can I start?
– Although the language school is open throughout the year, the Spanish and dance course is only available on set start dates
– Spanish and dance courses start on Mondays and finish on Fridays
– If you choose to book the optional accommodation, you will check-in on Sunday and check-out the following Saturday
– Students can stay more than one week; for prices and information, please contact us at [email protected]
What will I learn?
– The language lessons are highly interactive and you will speak Spanish from day 1, both inside and outside of the classroom
– This course has been designed to improve your general Spanish level and will give you the confidence and fluency to help you to communicate
– 2 lessons per day will focus on grammar and vocabulary and the other 2 will focus on listening and conversation skills
– In your dance lessons, you will develop your knowledge of the different rhythms of Flamenco
– You will improve your stamping, arm, clapping and body movement
– The course focuses on the staging of choreography and dance techniques to coordinate the movement of all parts of the body
– In your dance classes you will meet Spanish people and get a chance to practice your Spanish
What can I do in my free time?
– The school offers a host of optional cultural activities throughout the week, generally in the afternoon and evening
– You will have the chance to take part in different activities that may be themed around linguistics, history, culture or simply just a chance to socialise (some activities may come with an additional charge)
– You will also have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills on this learning holiday with a difference
– The language school may ask you to complete an online level test before your arrival
– This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Where can I stay?
– This school offers optional accommodation in a host family or a shared apartment with other students and Spanish locals
– This can be added during the booking process and more information can be found under the ‘Optional accommodation’ tab