Segovia Horseback Ride & City Tour
Enjoy a memorable day in Segovia with this experience riding a horse through the valleys surrounding Segovia. Beforehand, on this 8-hour tour accompanied by our official professional guide, you will take a guided walking tour of the city, where you can explore the city of Segovia's most notable monuments. This is a unique and unmissable experience where you will visit the Roman aqueduct and you will enter Spain's first Gothic cathedral and Segovia's former royal palace and fortress - the Alcázar Real.
On this 8-hour tour accompanied by our official guide, the first stop of the day will be in the city of Segovia, where we will begin a walking tour led by our official guide. Explore Segovia’s historic centre with us and discover why this city is a UNESCO World Heritage site. We will stroll through the city’s main square – Plaza Mayor, beholding monuments such as the Roman aqueduct and Spain’s first Gothic cathedral and we will enter the former royal palace and fortress – the Alcázar Real. The walk ends at Segovia’s Alcázar Real, one of Spain’s most famous fortresses. We will enter the Alcázar to discover everything it has to offer.
After the tour, get ready for an exciting 1.5-hour journey on horseback through the valleys of the city, which will provide you with stunning views of Segovia; an entertaining and original way to discover the landscape of the region’s capital city. Learn how to communicate with your horse, discover the basics of horse care and practice your horseback-riding skills while revelling in the freedom and tranquillity of the countryside. Under the supervision of expert guides, the route is suitable for all persons.
Discover the beauty of the spectacular views created by the city’s two rivers – the Eresma and the Clamores – and enjoy the ride and the amazing views of the Alcázar Real, a castle which was used as the inspiration for Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty and reconstructed in Disneyland.
At the end of your tour you will return to the centre of Madrid in a comfortable minibus, where your guide will be able to recommend things to do during the rest of your stay.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE PREMIUM SMALL GROUP TOURS. PRIVATE TOURS CAN BE ACCOMMODATED ON REQUEST.
Highlights of the Trip
- Receive expert knowledge from our experienced tour guide, who will offer you a quality service and highly interesting information.
- Marvel at Segovia’s well-preserved Roman aqueduct.
- Discover the castle that inspired Walt Disney to create Sleeping Beauty’s castle.
- Visit Spain’s first Gothic cathedral.
- Enter and explore Segovia’s Alcázar – former royal palace and fortress.
- Relish a great adventure on the backs of impressive dressage horses.
- Take a horseback ride with an expert monitor – a fun experience suitable for anyone.
- Behold unique landscapes in a perfect getaway for culture and nature lovers.
- Guided tour of Segovia by a professional guide.
- Entry to the Gothic Cathedral of Segovia.
- Entry to Segovia’s Alcázar Real.
- Ride on horseback with an expert monitor.
- WE farewell.
Meet at 7:45am for check in time for departure at 8:00am.
WE MADRID at Plaza de San Miguel, 7, 28005 Madrid