Arts, Crafts & Spanish Speaking Experience
Learn to speak Spanish & tap into your creative side during art lessons on this 1-week course in Madrid, Spain’s lively capital. Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to advanced learners, you’ll be amazed at how much you pick up as you immerse yourself into the local culture.
Highlights of the Trip
- Learn Spanish in the heart of the city in one of the most exclusive districts.
- 5 additional activities dedicated to learning more about Madrid & the language.
- 8 art classes choosing any combination of ceramics, drawing or painting classes.
Whatever your Spanish level; choosing to combine Spanish lessons in Madrid with arts and crafts classes is the best way to accelerate your learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local culture and take home two new skills that will stay with you long after your trip is over.
At this friendly language school in the heart of Madrid, you will be taught by highly qualified native Spanish speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven teaching techniques.
Lessons are highly interactive and you will speak Spanish from day 1 both inside and outside of the classroom. With four language lessons per day and interesting and social optional activities organised by the school, each day will see you increasing in confidence as you put your new skills into practice.
And where better to study art and improve your craft than Madrid? The cultural epicentre of Spanish bohemian life, its modern art scene is constantly flourishing and Madrid is home to some of the world’s top art galleries which you will have the chance to visit.
The language school works in partnership with one of Madrid’s most established art schools, encompassing many different artistic styles and mediums that you can explore during flexible art lessons where you can choose any combination of ceramics, drawing or painting classes.
- 20 group, 50 minute Spanish lessons (for complete beginners to advanced levels)
- Spanish lessons take place in the afternoon, Monday to Friday
- Language level test
- Enrolment fee
- Class materials (photocopies and textbooks)
- 8 art classes at a local art school
- Please note: the art school is a 25 minute walk from the school or 2 metro stops
- Art classes are generally in the morning but your art timetable will be confirmed on arrival
- Welcome tapas and drinks evening in a typical Spanish restaurant with representatives from the school
- Internet / WiFi access
- Social and cultural activity programme (some with small extra charge)
- Certificate upon course completion
What's Not Included
- Accommodation (can be added as an optional extra on booking)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
This friendly Spanish language school has a wealth of experience and is the fastest growing in Spain. The school is centrally located, right in the heart of Madrid, in the city’s most exclusive Salamanca neighbourhood and only minutes away from Retiro Park. Classrooms are bright and airy with a chill out area and self-study centre full of useful language learning materials.
– Centrally located in Barrio de Salamanca
– Excellent public transport links close to metro and bus stops
– Bright and airy classrooms
– WiFi throughout
– Access to computers
– Chill out area with vending machines
– Self-study centre with access to Spanish reading and listening material (open 9am-9pm)
This language school offers optional accommodation in a host family or a shared apartment with other students and Spanish locals. You can simply add your preferred option to your booking.
Choose to stay with a local family to enhance your language learning experience. You will be provided with breakfast and dinner daily and room prices run from Sunday evening before your course starts to the Saturday morning after your course has finished. Your hosts may be a couple, family or a single person. You will have your own private room and will share a bathroom. Rooms are safe, clean and are all inspected and approved by the school on a regular basis. The price includes sheets and towels plus 1 load of laundry per week and WiFi access. The accommodation will be located within 10-30 minutes travel time from the school with good public transport links. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. Check in is between 12:30pm to 11pm only and check out at 11am. *Please note, you will be required to leave a €60 damage deposit on your first day, paid via debit/credit card only.*
Have your own private room with access to cooking facilities in a shared house or flat. Prices are based on arrivals on the Sunday evening before your course starts and end on the Saturday morning after your course has finished. You will be placed with other language students. You cannot choose who to be placed with and will be placed subject to availability. You will have access to all the shared areas of the apartment and there is a fully equipped kitchen for you to prepare your own meals. Houses and apartments are comfortable and clean, with bedding and towels provided. The price includes use of washing machine and free use of kitchen and fridge. The accommodation will be located within 10-30 minutes travel time from the school with good public transport links. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. Check in is between 12:30pm to 11pm only and check out at 11am. *Please note, you will be required to leave a €60 damage deposit on your first day, paid via debit/credit card only.*
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
By taxi to the centre:
Taxis are available outside the airport. All taxis have a flat fee of €30 to any central location.
By public transport to the centre:
The metro provides great links from the airport to the centre with trains leaving every 5 minutes from 6am to 2am approximately.
A ticket from the airport costs around €5 one way.
The closest metro stops to the school are:
Príncipe de Vergara – line 2 (Red) or line 9 (Purple)
Goya – line 2 (Red) or line 4 (Brown)
O’Donnell – (Grey)
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all Spanish language levels from complete beginners to advanced
– Arts and crafts lessons are suitable for all levels and experience
– To make sure you get the most out of this course, art will only be available to those students that have a minimum of A2 (pre-intermediate) level Spanish and/or B2 (upper-intermediate) level English
– Minimum age 17
When can I start?
– The language school is open year round but the art classes are not available in August
– Courses start on Mondays and finish on Fridays
– Non-beginners are welcome to start on any Monday throughout the year
– Beginners will be asked to start on specific start dates throughout the year and they are typically every two weeks
– If you choose to book the optional accommodation, you will check-in on Sunday and check-out the following Saturday
– Students can stay more than one week; for prices and information, please contact us at [email protected]
– The language school may ask you to complete an online level test before your arrival
– This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
What will I learn during the art lessons?
– Art classes will be held at one of Madrid’s most established art schools, encompassing many different artistic styles and mediums in order to ameliorate your knowledge and love of art
– Classes are formed of small groups with each student working on their own artwork
– The teacher gives individual instruction to each student on their specific work, so each student can practice the style of painting or medium that they want to pursue
– Some students work on one piece over the course of a few classes, while others make multiple pieces during their stay
– This course also includes the possibility of visiting some of Madrid’s most famous art museums to make sure your learning is as rounded as possible
– You will be able to choose any combination of ceramics, drawing or painting classes
Public holidays / Closures
The school will be closed on the following public holidays. However, this school is the only Spanish school in Madrid which makes up all classes and activities missed due to national or local public holidays, independent of the course type, the length of booking, the number of public holidays in the week and time of the year WITHOUT exception.
1, 6 January
9, 10 April
1, 2, 15 May
1, 9 November
7, 8, 25 December