Spanish Cooking Class
Enhance your trip to Barcelona with this fun cooking and wine tasting course where you’ll learn to cook traditional Spanish dishes such as gazpacho, tortilla, paella and crème catalana using organically grown ingredients as well as having the chance to taste the school’s own private label wines.
Highlights of the Trip
- Set in La Rambla in state of the art kitchens with great views.
- Learn to cook gazpacho, tortilla, paella, and crème catalana.
- Taste the school’s own artisan private-label wine.
This cooking course set right on Las Ramblas differentiates itself as it has developed its own private label reserve so that guests can taste and enjoy their choice of two magnificent wines, in addition you’ll be cooking a carefully thought out 4 course menu using locally sourced and, where possible, organic produce learning to cook classic Spanish dishes such as gazpacho, tortilla, paella and crème catalana.
This is a hands-on cooking class where you’ll not only learn about the freshest ingredients and a little history of the dishes from your professional chef but you’ll also take home the skills to recreate the dishes back home to impress your friends.
- 3 Hour cookery lesson with a professional Spanish chef starting at 6pm
- All ingredients
- Cooking materials
- The use of an apron during your class
- Recipes to take away with you
- The meal you’ve cooked
- Wine tasting of the school’s own artisan private label wine
- Please note that the class ends around 9pm but may go on until 10pm depending on how long you want to linger over your meal
- WiFi is available to use during the class
What's Not Included
- Personal Expenses
Located right on La Rambla in the heart of Barcelona, this contemporary Spanish cooking school boasts an airy kitchen with state of the art appliances, expert chefs, knowledgeable hosts, fantastic wines and a stunning view over the city. This is the perfect place to discover all the Spanish classics from paella to tapas and beyond and explore more of Barcelona’s foodie scene.
– Set right in Barcelona’s city centre on the famous Las Ramblas
– Learn to cook traditional regional dishes
– Use local farmed meat and locally grown and organic vegetables
– Delicious private label artisan wines served throughout your cooking class
– Located opposite the famous La Boqueria food market
– Guided Boqueria market tours available prior to your cooking class
– Second floor kitchen with large windows offering unbeatable views of the city
– State of the art kitchen with energy efficient appliances and lots of natural light
– Classes taught by professional English speaking chefs with years of experience
– Friendly and knowledgeable bi-lingual hosts
– Lessons taught in English by Spanish chefs
– WiFi internet access in the kitchen
– Fun, relaxed and sociable atmosphere
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Barcelona (30 mins) or Girona (1 hour)
A taxi from Barcelona airport to the city centre will take around 30 minutes depending on traffic and cost approximately €25.
A taxi from Girona airport to the city centre will take around 1 hour and cost approximately €120.
Nearest Metro stations:
Plaza de Cataluña, Liceu or Jaume I
The school is located on La Rambla, 50 metres from Boqueria Market. There is a sign on street level indicating the entrance to the school.
We recommend taking the metro in Barcelona as it is usually the easiest and cheapest way to reach the centre of town.
Please note that the cooking school is on the 2nd floor of the building and there is no lift.
Who is this suitable for?
– Cookery classes are suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced cooks
– Minimum age 3 (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult and cannot take part in the wine tasting)
– Children aged 3-12 receive a 50% discount on the cooking class price
– Your chefs are Spanish but speak excellent English so all cooking classes are taught in English
– Please note that as the school is on the 2nd floor of a building with no lift, unfortunately this course may not be suitable for those with mobility issues who cannot climb stairs
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– These cookery classes are ideal for solo travellers and singles are welcome to join an existing group
When can I start?
– The cooking school is open year round with the exception of Spanish holidays and Christmas
– Classes start at 6pm finishing around 9-10pm depending on how long you linger over dinner