Enjoy a memorable day out in Montserrat and escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona with this horse riding experience in the Natural Park, with a visit to the Monastery on top of the Mountain. Experience the breathtaking views while living a unique experience and learning the basics of horse riding.
Enjoy this half day horse riding tour to Catalonia’s most impressive mountain. Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometres away from Barcelona.
On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, you will also have the opportunity to visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for housing the figure of La Moreneta, who is the patron saint of Catalonia. After the visit, you will have free time to buy a souvenir, take pictures, etc.
Then, get ready for a thrilling horseback ride along the Natural Park, offering breathtaking views of Montserrat, all while enjoying the freedom and tranquility of the countryside. You will be led by experienced guides, making the route suitable for everyone. Enjoy the ride and the spectacular sight of the mountain!
08:15: Welcome by your guide at Pasatge de la Concepció, 7
08:30: Starting the experience at Paseo de Gracia
- Travel through Barcelona learning the stories about the buildings and the Eixample neighbourhood designed on XIX century
- You will be driven through the Diagonal avenue, the largest in Barcelona
- See the Royal Palace of Pedralbes and the Campus from the UB, the first public university in the city
- Leave the city and start to see all the surrounding cities and towns.
- Spot the Sportive City of FC Barcelona and its headquarters
- We will drive you through the countryside where you will be able to see the great mountain of Montserrat
09:30: Arrive to the Ranch to start with the Horse Riding experience
- You will have a short briefing to know how to ride the horses, be given a helmet and your horse
10:00: Begin your riding
- Enjoy the great views of the mountain of Montserrat whilst riding
11:00: Finish your riding and go up to the monastery of Montserrat
11:30: We will arrive to Montserrat and start de cultural visit to the Monastery
- Learn about the history of the monastery
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria de Montserrat
- Learn about the Monks lifestyle
- Enjoy the views from the Monastery
12:30: Enjoy free time, where you will be able to visit the farmers market, the local cafes, and maybe check the souvenirs stores!
13:00: Meet your guide again and travel back to Barcelona
14:30: Return back to the starting point