Montserrat Hot-Air Balloon Ride & Monastery Tour
Enjoy the breathtaking views in a hot air balloon while you fly over the Pla del Bages observing the magnificent view of the unique shape of Montserrat Mountain, near Barcelona. Visit the Monastery of Montserrat and learn all its history that dates almost a thousand years.
Take this exclusive flight on a Hot Air Balloon close to the Montserrat Mountain and admire its unique needle shape formations, one of the most spectacular landscapes in Catalonia.
The activity begins early in the morning and we will head directly to the flying zone, where you will participate in the inflation of the balloon. Once it’s ready, we will take off for an amazing 1 hour flight close to the mountain and the surrounding area. At the end of the flight, a car will be waiting to pick you up and return you to the flying zone, where your guide will be waiting for you. Before heading to the Monastery, make a toast with a glass of Cava in honour of your flight in this magical land.
Continue your visit to the famous Benedictine Monastery, dating nearly a thousand years and well-known for hosting the figure of “La Moreneta”, the saint patron of Catalonia. Depending on season and timetable, you will have the possibility to admire the boys choir singing of the famous “Escolania de Montserrat”.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE PREMIUM SMALL GROUP TOURS. PRIVATE TOURS CAN BE ACCOMMODATED ON REQUEST.
Highlights of the Trip
- Hot-air balloon flight over Montserrat Mountain
- Enjoy panoramic views of the Pyrenees, Mediterranean and Montserrat
- Finish the flight with a snack and a champagne toast
- Remember your ride with a flight certificate and photo story
- Montserrat Monastery visit
- Private transport & bilingual, knowledgeable tour guide, ensuring top quality service and great destination information
- Balloon Flight (1.15′ approx.)
- Snack and Cava champagne toast, non-alcoholic beverages and water available
- Flight certificate signed by pilot
- Photo story
- Montserrat Monastery guided visit
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick up or transfer
Meet at 5:15am for check in and for departure at 6:00am.
WE BARCELONA PASSEIG DE GRACIA at Passatge de la Concepció, 7, 08008 Barcelona
The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue.