Montserrat Trek & 3 Course Lunch
Enjoy a memorable trekking day out in Montserrat and escape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona. Visit the Monastery of Montserrat and finish the day enjoying a 3 course menu at a traditional farmhouse with breathtaking views.
The experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendour of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain, topped by a Benedictine Monastery. Montserrat is an ideal trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometres away from Barcelona.
Board the Aeri Cable Car to observe the area’s fascinating flora and fauna. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed of unique needle-shape formations. The whimsical shapes of the most emblematic mountain of Catalonia are the result of geological processes spanning millions of years.
Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day with over 150 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (the dark one), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the ventures of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years.
After visiting the monastery, start a moderate trek down to reach the Masia Farmhouse with help from a specialised guide. During the descent, look out for the local wildlife: wild boars, goats, Bonelli eagles, and jays.
Once in the farmhouse you will have a delicious farm to table 3-course lunch; consisting of fresh salads and barbecued meats (vegetarian and halal available). After this full day of adventures you will return to the center of Barcelona by private transport.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE PREMIUM SMALL GROUP TOURS. PRIVATE TOURS CAN BE ACCOMMODATED ON REQUEST.
Highlights of the Trip
- Guided visit of Montserrat by an expert guide with the best destination knowledge
- Exploration of the magnificent Montserrat Abbey
- Experience of stunning views from the Aeri Cable Car and Sant Joan funicular
- One hour and forty five minutes of moderate trekking in the Natural Park of Montserrat
- Lunch at the Masía Farmhouse, under the Montserrat mountain
- Premium Small Group for a personalised experience
- Expert bilingual guide
- Private Transport
- Tickets for Aeri of Montserrat (Cable car)
- Visit to the Montserrat Abbey
- One hour and forty five minutes of guided moderate trekking
- 3 course lunch including drinks
- Premium Small Group
WE BARCELONA PASSEIG DE GRACIA at Passatge de la Concepció, 7, 08008 Barcelona