Make the most of your time in Cadiz by combining your Spanish lessons with learning to surf on this popular 1 week language course for all levels from complete beginners to advanced learners; you’ll be amazed at how much you pick up when you are fully immersed in the Spanish language.
Choosing to combine learning the Spanish language with a surf holiday on the beaches of Cadiz is the best way to accelerate your language learning as you’ll be immersed in the language and local culture throughout your stay.
On this unique language course you’ll be learning Spanish in the mornings before heading to the beach twice during your stay to learn to surf or improve your existing surf skills with local certified instructors.
You’ll be speaking Spanish from day 1 and find yourself progressing rapidly as you practise your new skills and vocabulary both inside and outside the classroom. Taught by highly qualified native Spanish speakers, groups are small and you’ll be placed according to your level when you arrive so you can be sure that you’ll be making the most of your time there.
The friendly staff at the language school also organise a weekly schedule of social and cultural activities – it’s a great way to meet other people at the school, practice your Spanish and experience the very best of Cadiz and its beaches. And by joining a group of adventurous travellers like yourself, this makes the perfect singles activity holiday in Spain.
One of Spain's hidden gems - learn by the sea without the crowds.
Home to the longest urban beach in Europe to cool off after lessons.
Learn to surf on Europe's longest urban beach with qualified instructors.
Your Local Host:
Spanish Language School in Seville & Cadiz
This language school offers a range of Spanish language and cultural courses in two top-class locations - Seville and Cadiz. All taught by highly qualified Spanish teachers, who are passionate about teaching visitors not only to speak Spanish but to understand the Spanish culture. In Seville, the language school's central location gives instant access to all that Seville has to offer. Spanish lessons take place in a large but traditional style building with 30 classrooms, a large patio area and rooftop terrace. In Cadiz, not only are you right next to the Old Town, you’re just a 5 minute walk from the beach.
– Please arrive at the school early on your first day for a short level test to assess your understanding of the language and be placed in the right group class for your level
– Spanish classes run daily Monday to Friday each week
– Classes start at 9:15am-1pm or 11:20am-3:10pm
– You will have 4 group classes per day lasting 50 minutes each
– You will have a short break between classes
– You’ll have two 90 minute surf lessons during the week but exact times and dates will be arranged on arrival as this activity is weather dependant
– Should you be unable to surf due to the conditions, you will receive a full refund for the surf lessons only
What can I do after the language lessons?
– The school offers a host of optional cultural and social activities throughout the week
– You will have the chance to take part in different activities every day and a sample timetable looks like this:
Monday – teacher led guided tour of Cadiz to explore the city and history
Tuesday – head up Tavira Tower for great views of the city
Wednesday – try out a new water sport
Thursday – Spanish culture class at the school
Friday – learn to cook paella
– Weekend excursions include Morocco, Tarifa, Bolonia and more
– You will also have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills or just kick back and relax on the beach
Where can I stay?
You’re welcome to make your own arrangements so you can pick accommodation to suit your needs, however, optional accommodation can be booked in addition to your language course with a local host family or in a shared apartment with other students and locals. You can simply add your preferred option to your booking (for an additional charge) and more information about the two options can be found in the FAQs section at the bottom of the page.
This friendly and professional, yet fun, Spanish language school was founded in 2010 and is the top Spanish language school in Cadiz. Just a 5 minute walk from the beach and a stone’s throw from Cadiz Old Town, you’ll find the school is located in a modern building with cool and fresh décor with a fabulous roof terrace overlooking the town.
– 13 fully equipped classrooms
– Located on the second floor of a modern building with lift access
– Access to self-study room and lounge
– Kitchen for you to use for breaks and snacks
Jerez – 30 minute drive or 1 hour via public transport (direct from the airport to Cadiz)
Spanish lessons take place from 9:15am-1pm, Monday to Friday
2 x 90 minute surf lessons at the local beach (exact dates and times to be confirmed on arrival)
Language level test
Orientation meeting and tour
Access to all facilities including the roof terrace, kitchen and self-study room
A certificate of attendance and completion of the language course
Various cultural and social activities (some with small charge)
Please note: course books are not included on the price and must be bought at the school for €25 per level
Accommodation (can be added as an optional extra on booking)
- Perfect location for those who prefer to be off the beaten track, next to a beach with access to great water sports
- Home to the longest urban beach in Europe, a great way to cool off after your language lessons
- Ideal if you want to learn Spanish by the sea without the crowds and tourists, this is one of Spain’s hidden gems
- This school is also twinned with schools in Seville and Malaga, offering students the chance to combine courses in different cities for no additional cost (contact us for more information)
- Suitable for all Spanish language and surf levels from complete beginners to advanced
- Surfing is physically demanding and you must be able to swim
- Minimum age 17 with no upper age limit
- The school is open year round with a break for Christmas
- Spanish courses start on Mondays and finish on Fridays
- Beginners have specific start dates but all other levels can start on any Monday
- If you choose to book optional accommodation, you will check-in on Sunday and check-out the following Saturday
- Students can also stay more than one week, please contact us on email@example.com for courses lasting 2 weeks to one year
Please note that the school is closed and there are no classes on major public holidays:
1, 2 April
7, 12 October
Classes on these dates will not be made up. Please note some local holidays are still to be confirmed. For courses starting on a Monday, the school will open for new students for level tests and orientation with lessons starting on Tuesday.
Choose a home stay with a local family to enhance your language learning experience, giving you the opportunity to practice your language skills on a daily basis. You will have your own private room and will share a bathroom. Rooms are safe, clean and are all inspected and approved by the school on a regular basis. Accommodation is within 20 minutes of the language school on foot. A washing service is provided once a week as well as clean linen and towels. You can choose from B&B, half board (breakfast and lunch as this is the main meal in Spain) or full board meals options and room prices run from 4 pm Sunday before your course starts to 12pm on the Saturday morning after your course has finished. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. PLEASE NOTE: there will be a high season supplement applied for stays from 30 June to 8 September. Dietary needs for vegans / gluten free / lactose intolerant can be catered for but at an additional charge of €10 per week.
Stay in an apartment shared with other language students and/or Spanish people, depending on availability. You will have your own room and will share a kitchen and bathroom. Rooms are safe and clean and all apartments are regularly inspected by the school. Accommodation is within 20 minutes of the language school on foot. This is a self-catering option and clean linen and towels are provided weekly. Room prices run from 4 pm Sunday before your course starts to 12pm on the Saturday morning after your course has finished. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. PLEASE NOTE: there will be a high season supplement applied for stays from 30 June to 8 September. Dietary needs for vegans / gluten free / lactose intolerant can be catered for but at an additional charge of €10 per week.