Enjoy the outstanding photo opportunities in Andalucía on this 7 night photography holiday set in a pueblo blanco of Torrox where you will be taking your photography skills to a new level in the scenic and vibrant surroundings steeped in history and culture.
Over recent years, cameras have given way to smartphone photography although many people still like to use, and are passionate about, both. Camera phone photography has enhanced this wonderful hobby and opened up more opportunities through Instagram and many other filters.
This unique photography holiday is one of the first to offer a combined course in camera AND smartphone photography. Bring a camera and your smartphone to experience expert tuition on how to get great shots from both devices.
Your expert tutor will help you explore your creative side as well as teaching you about composition, exposure, lighting, subject matter and much more.
The holiday is based in the charming white village of Torrox which boasts the best climate in Europe with over 300 days of sunshine. This makes it an ideal location for long days spent in different locations capturing beautiful Andalucia through a lens.
During your holiday you will explore white villages, Moorish architecture, amazing geographical shapes, traditional fishing marinas, the colourful and vibrant markets of Málaga. You’ll join a group of other like minded travellers, making this the ideal holiday for those on the hunt for a singles activity holiday in Spain.
Includes accommodation, meals and return transfers from Malaga Airport.
Offers a combined course in camera AND smartphone photography.
Based in the town of Torrox with excursions to inspiring locations & landscapes.
Your Local Host:
Paul & Victoria
On your creative activity holiday, you will be welcomed by Paul and Victoria and of course the Guest Artist of the week. Paul & Victoria have lived in the Andalucian mountains above the white pueblo village of Torrox for many years. Both keen walkers, they love the outdoors and the stunning vistas Andalucia has to offer. What’s more, t Read More
– If you arrive before noon, you’ll be collected from Malaga Airport (please see below for more information) and transferred to your accommodation in Torrox (around 1 hour drive)
– You will join your hosts and fellow guests for a welcome lunch
– Afterwards, enjoy a wander around the pretty streets and some time to relax
– Enjoy a welcome dinner where you will meet your tutor Rob
– Today will be your chance to visit the lovely, unspoilt coastal town of Nerja with it’s mountains, pretty promenade and interesting street scenes
– You’ll see the town of Moclinejo, the beginning of the Andalucian Raison Route, set on the hills of the Piedras Blancas and perfectly nestled between groves of almond, orange and olives
– Pampaneira is a whitewashed village in the Sierra La Alpujarra, Granada
– The plaza is dominated by the Iglesia de Santa Cruz, a 16th church with wooden coffered ceilings and gilded altarpieces
– In addition, the shops display colourful handmade goods around the village, so it is the perfect opportunity to photograph local street scenes
– Be sure enjoy artisan chocolate and a cold drink inbetween exploring
– Enjoy a free day today to spend as you please
– You will be responsible for your own meals
– Málaga was founded by the Phonecians in the 8th century, thus leaving it an old, charming place to see
– Today you can take time to walk amongst beautiful gardens, amazing Cathedral, narrow streets and wonderful architecture
– Enjoy your last full day capturing the essence of Andalucia in Torrox
– Today you’ll be participating in a fun and interesting photo challenge where you can use all the new skills you have learned on your holiday, and share with others
– Airport transfer will leave the village at 9am (please see below for more information)
Saturday 3rd September, 2016
I booked this holiday as I wanted to improve my photography (from beginner) whilst having a holiday at the same time. The tuition was excellent, although informal, and has enabled me to move from auto to manual camera settings. I now always use manua...
I booked this holiday as I wanted to improve my photography (from beginner) whilst having a holiday at the same time. The tuition was excellent, although informal, and has enabled me to move from auto to manual camera settings. I now always use manual settings. The locations we visited were interesting and allowed lots of time for practise with feedback provided at the end of the day. Overall the meals were excellent and the group evening meal in various outdoor restaurants added to the great holiday atmosphere with the six other photographers on the holiday. For a first time, the learning experience was excellent but I'm not sure that I would gain as much from a return holiday, although many of the other photographers had returned for a second and third time.
This was a really enjoyable holiday, which was completely made by Paul & Victoria who run the company. They were very friendly hosts and nothing was too much trouble. The trip was well organised, the photographic locations interesting and the food & ...
This was a really enjoyable holiday, which was completely made by Paul & Victoria who run the company. They were very friendly hosts and nothing was too much trouble. The trip was well organised, the photographic locations interesting and the food & company were fantastic.
Your holiday will be based in the typical white Andalucian pueblo of Torrox. Situated between Malaga and Nerja, this beautiful mountain village offers stunning landscape scenery, unique architecture and a near perfect climate year round.
Nearest airport: Malaga (40km away)
Complimentary return airport transfer:
A return transfer from Malaga Airport is included in the price of your holiday at set times.
7 nights accommodation in a private ensuite room in a village house in Torrox
Please note: prices are per person and based on 1 person staying in a shared village house but with your own private room and bathroom; terrace, kitchen & lounges are shared with others on the holiday
5 full days of photography (camera and smartphone) tuition on days 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7
1 free day on day 5
All meals except on your free day where no meals will be provided (including a welcome dinner on the first night - please arrive in Torrox by 5pm)
Note: Breakfast is in the form of a breakfast pack for you to make your own breakfast each day
All transport to and from the photography shoot locations
A return transfer from Malaga Airport at set times (please advise your arrival flight details at least 14 days before the date of travel)
Please note: transfers from the airport available at 12 noon (your flight must arrive before 12 noon) and back to the airport at 9am (your flight must leave after 12 noon) – if your flight arrives outside of this time, please contact us as private transfers can be arranged at extra cost of 60 euros each way
All guests must check out of their rooms by 10am on departure day
- This holiday is for all levels from beginners to advanced
- Minimum age is 18 years and there is no upper age limit
- Suitable for all from budding photographers to experienced photographers
- If you would like advice on your camera before the holiday, your tutor will be more than happy to help
- The accommodation on this holiday is located in a hillside village and will involve some climbing of steps (if you have any mobility problems, please advise at time of booking)
- Photography holidays make great singles holidays and there is no single supplement on this course if you are travelling solo