Learn Spanish & Cooking in Malaga
Learn Spanish in the morning and how to prepare classic Spanish dishes in the afternoon on this popular 1-week course in the vibrant city of Malaga for all Spanish language levels. You’ll be amazed at how much you pick up & how much fun you have when learning Spanish and cooking in Spain.
Highlights of the Trip
- Immerse yourself in Spanish culture, speaking the language and cooking the food.
- Learn all the secrets of truly authentic Spanish cooking.
- Meet other Spanish-learners and practice your language skills.
Whatever your Spanish level; choosing to combine Spanish lessons in Malaga, Spain with Spanish cookery lessons is the best way to accelerate your learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local culture and take home two new skills that will stay with you long after your trip is over.
At this friendly language school in Malaga, you will be taught by highly qualified native Spanish speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven teaching techniques.
Lessons are highly interactive and you will speak Spanish from day 1 both inside and outside of the classroom. With four language lessons per day and interesting and social optional activities organised by the school, each day will see you increasing in confidence as you put your new skills into practice.
In the afternoon, don your apron and head into the kitchen to learn all about classic Spanish gastronomy as you learn how to make dishes such as paella, Spanish omelette and gazpacho during hands-on cooking lessons.
- 20 group, 45 minute Spanish lessons (for complete beginners to advanced levels)
- Spanish lessons take place from 9am-12.15pm, Monday to Friday
- Language level test
- Class materials (photocopies and textbooks)
- 3 private Spanish cookery lessons per week lasting 2 hours each
- Enrolment fee
- Internet / WiFi access
- Social and cultural activity programme (some with small extra charge)
What's Not Included
- Accommodation (can be added as an optional extra on booking)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
This friendly Spanish language school has a wealth of experience and is the fastest growing in Spain. Located in a typical Andalucian barrio (neighbourhood), you will be surrounded by friendly locals to practise your Spanish with, lively bars and restaurants far from the typical tourist traps and you are just a 15 minute walk from the nearest beaches, giving you the best of both beach and city life.
– Just a 15 minute walk to the beach
– Excellent public transport links; a 15 minute bus ride and a 5 minute subway ride
– 5 bright and airy classrooms
– WiFi throughout
– Access to computers
– Chill out area with snacks you can use during the day
Choose a Home Stay with a local family to enhance your language learning experience. You will be provided with half board or full board meals according to your wishes, and room prices run from Sunday evening before your course starts to the Saturday morning after your course has finished. Your hosts may be a couple, family or a single person. All hosts are sociable, like to meet new people and can give a warm welcome to students giving you the opportunity to practice your language skills on a daily basis. You will have your own private room and will share a bathroom. Rooms are safe, clean and are all inspected and approved by the school on a regular basis. You are also able to use the living room and TV as well as the kitchen (with the family’s permission). The price includes sheets plus 1 load of laundry per week and WiFi access but you will need to bring your own towels. The accommodation will be located within a 20 minute walk from the school. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. Check in is between 12:30pm to 11pm only and check out at 11am.
Have your own private room with access to cooking facilities in a shared house or flat. Prices are based on arrivals on the Sunday evening before your course starts and end on the Saturday morning after your course has finished. You will be placed with other language students. You cannot choose who to be placed with and will be placed subject to availability. You will have access to all the shared areas of the apartment and there is a fully equipped kitchen for you to prepare your own meals. Houses and apartments are comfortable and clean and sheets, bedding is provided but you will need to bring your own towels. The price includes use of washing machine, free use of kitchen and fridge. The accommodation will be located within a 20 minute walk from the school. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed. Check in is between 12:30pm to 11pm only and check out at 11am.
Please note that prices for the holidays do not include flights. We recommend using www.skyscanner.net to check flights.
Malaga (15-30 minutes away)
Taxis are available outside the airport. A taxi will take about 12-15 minutes to reach the area where the school is located and cost around €20.
By bus or train:
There are excellent public transport links from Malaga airport to the city centre and area where the language school is located.
The Cercanias train takes 8 minutes and costs around €1.80.
A bus will take around 30 minutes and you can take line 9 or 10 or line A. The bus from the school to the city centre takes around 15 minutes.
El Torcal subway station on the blue line 2 is located about 500 metres from the school and takes 5 minutes to reach the city centre.
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all Spanish language levels from complete beginners to advanced
– Cooking lessons are suitable for all levels and experience (please note lessons will be held in Spanish)
– Minimum age 18
When can I start?
– The language school is open year round with a break for Christmas
– Spanish and cooking courses start on Mondays and finish on Fridays
– Non-beginners are welcome to start on any Monday throughout the year
– Beginners will be asked to start on specific start dates throughout the year and there are typically one of these dates per month
– If you choose to book the optional accommodation, you will check-in on Sunday and check-out the following Saturday
– Students can stay more than one week; for prices and information, please contact us at [email protected]
– The language school may ask you to complete an online level test before your arrival
– This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Public holidays / Closures
Please note the school will closed on the following public holidays but any missed lessons will be rescheduled:
9, 10 April
15, 19 August
7, 8 December
21 – 27 December