Go learn to speak Spanish in the morning and how to dance salsa in the afternoon on this popular 1 week course for all levels from complete beginners to advanced learners; you’ll be amazed at how much you pick up & how much fun you have when learning Spanish and salsa in Spain.
*Please note that the Salsa classes are currently 1 on 1 to comply with Covid regulations.
Whatever your level; choosing to combine Spanish lessons in Granada, Spain with Salsa dance lessons is the best way to accelerate your learning experience. Immerse yourself in the local culture and take home two new skills that will stay with you long after your trip is over.
You will be taught by highly qualified native Spanish speakers who have a passion for teaching and use proven teaching techniques.
In the afternoon, put on your dancing shoes and learn to dance sizzling Salsa, taught by highly qualified and passionate instructors during fun energetic lessons at the local Salsa studio. The salsa lessons are focused on ‘Salsa en Línea’ and ‘Bachata Sensual’.
Immerse yourself in the local culture and progress rapidly practising your new found language and dance skills in your free time, alongside other travellers who share your passion for new experiences and dance, making this the perfect solo holiday in Spain.
Learn Spanish in the heart of this vibrant Andalucian city.
Study at a language school with over 30 years of teaching experience.
Cultural and social activities organised weekly by the school.
Your Local Host:
Spanish Language School in Granada
The school is located in Granada, one of the most fascinating and beautiful cities in Andalusia, southern Spain. The school has taught Spanish as a foreign language since 1986 and has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to ensure you enjoy your time there. Granada is an important and lively university town but also home to rich Spanish culture and the world-famous Alhambra palace; this makes Granada the ideal place for both studying Spanish and enjoying your holiday. Lessons are held in the school's Andalusian style building which is situated just ten minutes from the city centre. There is also a charming courtyard where you can relax, study or meet your fellow students.
– Spanish classes run daily Monday through to Friday each week
– Classes start run from 9am-12:15pm or 12:30-3:45pm (depending on your language level – to be confirmed on arrival only)
– You will have 4 group classes per day lasting 45 minutes each
– You will have a short break between each class
– Salsa lessons will be scheduled around your language lessons
– Salsa classes will be held at a local dance centre
– You will have 2 group Salsa & Bachata lessons per week lasting 90 minutes each
What can I do in my free time? – Many people taking a Spanish language holiday do so independently as Spanish courses make ideal singles holidays, the school offers a host of optional social & cultural activities and seminars throughout the week to help you integrate into Spanish life and get to know your fellow students
– You will have the chance to take part in different activities such as tapas tours and excursions
– You will have plenty of free time to explore the local area and practice your new found language skills or just kick back and relax on this learning holiday with a difference
Where can I stay?
You’re welcome to make your own arrangements so you can pick accommodation to suit your needs, however, optional accommodation can be booked in addition to your language course with a local host family or in a shared apartment with other students and locals. You can simply add your preferred option to your booking (for an additional charge) and more information about the two options can be found in the FAQs section at the bottom of the page.
This excellent Spanish language school has been teaching Spanish for over 30 years; the friendly atmosphere, personal touch and the Andalusian charm of Granada and the school will make your language holiday an unforgettable experience.
– Historic city centre (10 minute walk)
– Public Transport
– WiFi / Internet
– Coffee Bar
Granada – 30 minutes by car
Malaga – 90 minutes by car
A taxi from Granada airport to the city centre will take about 30 minutes and cost approximately €25.
Spanish lessons take place from 9am-12:15pm or 12:30-3:45pm, Monday to Friday (confirmed on arrival only)
Language level test at 8:30am on your first day
Class materials (photocopies and textbooks)
2 Group salsa lessons lasting 90 minutes each (group or private according to the level and availability)
Internet / WiFi access
Use of library and multimedia room
A certificate of attendance and completion of the language course
Various cultural activities (some with small charge)
Accommodation (can be added as an optional extra on booking)
- Suitable for all Spanish language levels from complete beginners to advanced
- Salsa lessons are suitable for all levels (please note dance lessons will be held in Spanish)
- Minimum age 14 (must have parental consent)
- The school is open year round with a break for Christmas
- Spanish courses start on Mondays and finish on Fridays
- If you choose our optional accommodation, you will arrive on Sunday and depart the following Saturday
- Students can stay more than one week, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for prices and durations
- Please arrive at the school by 8.30am on your first day for a short level test
- This test will assess your understanding of the language and will help the course organisers to place you in the right group class for your level
Please note the school will closed on the following public holidays and no lessons will be held:
Classes will not be made up and no refunds will be given; except in the case of private lessons or 1 week courses when you can reschedule missed lessons.
Choose a home stay with a local family to enhance your language learning experience, giving you the opportunity to practice your language skills on a daily basis. You will have your own private room and will share a bathroom. Rooms are safe, clean and are all inspected and approved by the school on a regular basis. Accommodation is within 20 minutes of the language school on foot or via public transport but transport is not generally needed. A washing service is provided once a week. You will be provided with a basic breakfast and room prices run from Sunday evening before your course starts to 12pm on the Saturday morning after your course has finished. Please note that lunch is the main meal of the day, and a light dinner is served after 9pm. If you have any special requests such as non-smoking, no pets, allergies and so on, please note these in the special requests box during the booking process. These requests will be accommodated where possible but cannot be guaranteed.
Stay in an apartment shared with other language students and/or Spanish people, depending on availability. You will have your own room and will share a kitchen and bathroom. Rooms are safe and clean and all apartments are regularly inspected by the school. Accommodation is within 20 minutes of the language school on foot or via public transport but transport is not generally needed. A weekly cleaning service is provided for those who stay longer than 1 week. Prices are based on arrivals on the Sunday evening before your course starts and ends at 12pm on the Saturday morning after your course has finished.