Walking Food Adventure of Cape Town
Explore and experience Cape Town, South Africa's culinary capital, on a walking food tour packed with local flavour and cultural heritage.
This unique tour takes you through some of the most historic parts of the city, while sampling the locals’ favourites along the way. You’ll be able to soak up the city’s diverse vibe as you visit 7 – 8 iconic and hidden food institutions to try some tasty treats and authentic flavours. We’ll meet at a centrally located coffee shop in buzzing Kloof Street at 10:00 AM and walk, talk and eat our way through the city from there.
The tour lasts approximately 5 hours and the total walking distance is 3km. While the walking is not strenuous, you may spend a significant portion of the tour on your feet.
PS come hungry!
We believe food is the universal language that connects people and at Eat Like A Local, we are your ambassador to all things connected to Cape Town food.
Explore and experience Cape Town, South Africa’s culinary capital, on a walking food tour packed with local flavour and cultural heritage.
- The Cape Town City Bowl is compact and stretches from the modern foreshore business district to historic quarters closer to Table Mountain.
- The City Bowl is home to the largest concentration of award-winning restaurants in South Africa and packed with local and global flavours.
- This walking food tour is a foodies delight, where you will experience up to 8 food and drink establishments in 4.5 hours.
- Obtain a unique perspective by exploring Cape Town on foot. A great way for first-time visitors to orientate themselves in the city.
- Admire the city’s architectural styles and influences and learn interesting historical facts.
- Avoid the tourist traps and get to experience Cape Town with a local guide, and of course, Eat Like a Local!
Highlights of the Trip
What to expect
- Meet your guide, receive a brief orientation before we setting off
- Cape Town is bustling with new vegan eateries. Get introduced to plant-based foods, taste some interesting snacks and enjoy revitalising juice shots
- Visit one of the oldest spice shops in Cape Town and sample unique local delights
- Experience the cultural heritage and Malay influences of the Bo-Kaap and grab the opportunity to take pictures of the renowned colourful houses in this vibrant neighbourhood
- Taste locally produced craft gin, including interesting infusions of ‘fynbos’ from the Cape floral kingdom
- Experience the flavours of South African heritage cuisine, paired with local wine
- Sample modern African cuisine in a cutting-edge gallery
All food and alcoholic beverage tastings, water and soft drinks. Guided tour through the city.
What's Not Included
Transport to and from your hotel, tip and gratuities