Private Wine Tour to Stellenbosch and Franschoek
Full Day Private Specialist Wine Tour with 3 course lunch , with a Specialist Wine Guide to the Stellenbosch and Franschhoek Winelands
Enjoy an unforgettable day on the ultimate Cape Winelands experience. Our unique and up-market tour combines fine wines and world class cuisine with the breath-taking scenery of the Stellenbosch and Franschhoek wine regions. Taste wine at top South African wine estates as well as at lesser-known hidden gems that produce outstanding quality wines – all while guided by a specialist wine guide who provides valuable insights into the South African wine industry.
- A first tasting takes place at the Simonsig wine estate, producers of the first MCC (Champagne-style wine) in South Africa. You will get to enjoy fantastic bubblies, white and red wines accompanied by a cheese platter with an array of locally produced cheeses and condiments. Your guide also teaches you how to ‘sabrage’, the art of removing the cork of a champagne bottle with a sabre.
- The second tasting of the day will be at Kanonkop wine estate with its world famous Pintoage wines as well as fantastic Cabernet Sauvignon and Bordeaux style blends. You will also be going on a tour through their wine cellar and can enjoy their art gallery which showcases pieces from local artists.
- We then head out to the picturesque village of Franschhoek where you will have lunch at the top-ranked Roca restaurant on the stunning Dieu Donne wine estate. The views over the valley are spectacular. Lunch will be a three-course meal.
- After lunch we head back into the Stellenbosch wine country and enjoy some lovely wines at a boutique wine estate called Oldenburg. This is another stunning property which is tucked away between the impressive mountains in the Banghoek Valley.
- The last stop of the day will be at the iconic Rust en Vrede wine estate. You will sample the very best of their famous Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignons that they have to offer. The buildings on the property are perfect examples of traditional Cape Dutch architecture
Highlights of the Trip
- Open a champagne bottle with a sabre
- Sample South Africa’s most famous Pinotage from Kanonkop and the most iconic red wines from Rust en Vrede
- Enjoy a mouth-watering 3-course lunch at the top-rated Roca Restaurant with the most amazing views of the Franschhoek Valley
- See the breath-taking scenery of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Learn all about South African wines and the wine industry
- Transport from accommodation
- all wine tastings,
- a cheese platter,
- 3-course lunch,
- bottled water during the tour
We pick upper guests at hotels and private accommodation in the city centre and the Atlantic Seaboard including Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point and Milnerton.
Please note that this tour runs daily; however, the visited wine estates might differ on weekends due to differing opening hours of the estates.