Splendour In The Winelands
Ah, the Cape Winelands – open spaces, vines, historic estates and enough vino to sink an actual ship. Touring one of the most stunning areas of the Cape is a must for any visitor to Cape Town’s shores and our splendour in the Winelands tour will take you on a five-stop trip, straight to wine heaven.
Starting at a wine farm known for sprawling gardens, organic veggie patches and being one of the most Instagrammable spots in the country, the first stop will give you a chance to sink your teeth into some locally produced meats and cheeses, explore the cellar and sample five of the estate’s best wines. You’ll also be taken through their 3.5-hectare garden, complete with flora and fauna from across the globe, and their iconic woven basket-chairs perched in the glorious green hedges.
The French have it right when they say ‘there’s nothing better than an aged wine – except maybe an aged cheese’. The next stop takes that belief to the next level with a cheese pairing that would make even Napoleon weep with joy. The venue for this cheese-tastic tasting is well known for its French owners and their love of, and ability to produce great wine. Not everyone loves cheese, and we get that, so there’s also the option of doing a traditional biltong pairing instead.
Stop number three, you’ll be delighted to know, is the lunch stop. Known for their delicatessen of delectable deliciousness, the venue for lunch embodies GT Ferreira’s popular belief that good food, wine and art come together to make a perfect lifestyle. The deli’s menu changes seasonally and features the very best locally growth, ethically-farmed and produced ingredients.
The fourth stop will delight you with a glass of sunshine and panoramic views of the Stellenbosch wine valley. Consistently highly rated by Platter’s Wine Guide, the varietals on offer at stop four include red, white and even sparkling wines, a selection of which will be enjoyed in the welcomingly modern Wine Lounge.
The final stop on this wine extravaganza tour is a wine and chocolate pairing like no other. The estate’s resident winemaker teamed up with a local Chocolatier, Richard von Geusau, to develop a selection of milk and dark chocolates that pair perfectly with the estate’s Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and naturally sweet wines.
Highlights of the Trip
- Stop 1: Sample 5 fresh wines at a wine farm & explore its gardens
- Stop 2: Cheese & biltong tasting at a French owned farm accompanied with a glass of wine
- Stop 3: Ethically farmed & locally grown lunch at a seasonal deli
- Stop 4: Witness the views of the Stellenbosh wine valley, accompanied with a selection of wine tasting
- Stop 5: Wine and chocolate pairing with local Chocolatier
– Cellar Tour & Wine Tasting and a deli/biltong/cheese board
– Biltong or Cheese and Wine Pairing
– Lunch and drinks
– Wine Tasting @ Exclusive Wine Farm
– Wine & Chocolate Pairing
What's Not Included
– Any additional food or drink purchases not mentioned above
9:00am departure time from:
- 73 Kloof St, Cape Town
- Traveler pickup is offered
- We also pick up from Sea Point, GreenPoint and the city bowl.