Cape Clarence Drive Cycle Adventure
This superb cycling route along the wonderful Clarence Drive is tailored with various distances to suit your own fitness levels and accompanied by an experienced tour guide to show the secrets of the area. The cycling extraganza offer opportunities to see Baboons who, frequent this stretch of smooth road along with other wildlife, with the possible opportunities to see dolphins and whales (in season) in the area too.
We are transported to the outskirts of Gordon’s Bay for the start of the thrilling scenic cycle alongside Holland Hottentot Mountains. We will follow the many curves around the coast to the beautiful villages of Pringle Bay, Betty’s Bay and beyond. Once we’ve warmed up our legs, we head back on a superb road known as Clarence Drive with the sea right next to us and then the whole of False Bay spreads out before us. Quite awesome. Baboons frequent this stretch of smooth road along with other wildlife, with the possible opportunities to see dolphins and whales (in season) in the area too. I will talk about the maritime history of the area noticeably marked with crosses to signify all the shipwrecks along the coast, and the differing cultures that have settled in the Cape and helped form our vibrant history, while you enjoy the incredible views and natural beauty of the Cape.
Transfers to/from the start from your Hotel
ROAD bike fitted with flat pedals and Helmet hire
Accompanying cycling tour guide for the day
Water and water bottles, spare tubes, sunscreen etc
What's Not Included
Any food/drinks you may want during the day
Optional driver and support vehicle available for extra 1,000 Rand (per day)
EQUIPMENT ALONG WITH THE QUALIFIED CYCLING TOUR GUIDE!
- We have SPD/SPD SL and LOOK Keo pedals available for the bikes if you wish or bring your own and we will fit these to your bike. Your own shoes are required to participate.
- We provide very BASIC helmets so for maximum comfort best to bring your own if possible.
- PADDED CYCLING SHORTS are required for this tour otherwise you will get sore in very delicate places!
- We provide water bottles with chilled water at the start of the ride and bring spare tubes/lever/pump and a multi-tool en-route.
- We set up the bikes and adjust as necessary before we depart the vehicle.
- Transfers to/from your Hotel to the start are also included if within the local area.
- Please provide your address to confirm.
- Lunch/coffee/snacks and entry fees are for your own account.
Indemnity forms will need to be signed before departure.