Cape Peninsula Cycle Adventure
Cycle around the magical Peninsula on routes of various distances to suit your own fitness levels accompanied with an experienced tour guide to show the secrets of the Cape and discover its turbulent history!
Highlights of the Trip
- Chapman’s Peak Scenic Drive
- The Penguins at Boulders Beach
- Cape Point/Cape of Good Hope
- Misty Cliffs and Witsands/Soetwater
Collecting you from your accommodation in Cape Town and surrounds, you have various route choices ranging from 80km/50 miles to the more challenging 125km/80 mile loops. Following the coast on both sides, you will experience the changing majesty of the scenery en-route whilst enjoying quiet tarred roads and the abundant wildlife on the way. There are many opportunities for coffee/cake or lunch (I know all the best ones ;-) along with the most advantageous photo stops as we ride together. This way we have the time to explore the route of the World’s biggest timed cycling event (known locally as the Argus, now the Cape Town Cycle Tour) and so much more WITHOUT racing it and missing all there is to see and experience. Come and see it for yourself, you won’t regret it…
- Transfers to/from the start from your Hotel
- ROAD bike fitted with flat pedals and Helmet hire
- Accompanying cycling tour guide for the day
- Water and water bottles, spare tubes, sunscreen etc
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees into the Penguins
- Entrance fees into Cape Point/Cape of Good Hope
- Any food/drinks you may want during the day
- Optional driver and support vehicle available for extra 1,000 Rand
EQUIPMENT ALONG WITH THE QUALIFIED CYCLING TOUR GUIDE!
- We have SPD/SPD SL and LOOK Keo pedals available for the bikes if you wish or bring your own and we’ll fit these to your bike. Your own shoes are required to participate.
- We provide very BASIC helmets so for maximum comfort best to bring your own if possible.
- PADDED CYCLING SHORTS are required for this tour otherwise you will get sore in very delicate places!
- We provide water bottles with chilled water at the start of the ride and bring spare tubes/lever/pump and a multi-tool en-route.
- We set up the bikes and adjust as necessary before we depart the vehicle.
- Transfers to/from your Hotel to the start are also included if within the local area.
- Please provide your address to confirm.
Lunch/coffee/snacks and entry fees are for your own account.
Indemnity forms will need to be signed before departure.