Authentic South African Indian Dinner Experience
South African cuisine has been influenced by many different cultures and Indian cuisine had a huge impact in shaping popular dishes eaten in the country today. Especially in the KwaZulu-Natal, Durban region, but they're now enjoyed across South Africa.
Cyril Naicker is a 3rd generation born Indian South African, and to say his Indian cooking skills are great would be a huge understatement. Having stood in his Mother’s Kitchen watching and learning as a young boy the secrets of her Indian cooking skills and heritage. He is highly skilled in the blending and making delicious, heart-warming Indian cuisine with the influences of South Africa, using the recipes learnt from his Mother, that have been passed on generation to generation. And these recipes are exactly what you’ll learn about and most importantly, taste, to transport you on an anastomotic adventure with the flavour of India right under Table Mountian
Highlights of the Trip
- Welcome Ceremony.
- Welcome Drink.
- Hear first-hand the history of Indian food in South Africa which started with the Sugarcane plantations starting in Durban and how the influences of local cultural helped form and development the unique flavours and dishes now loved by all in South Africa.
- Get to smell, see, hear and taste South African Indian cuisine, right here in Cape Town at the foot of Table Mountain a World Heritage site, so close that you can touch it.
- A short demonstration on how to cook a chicken curry, and the correct spices to use.
- A sumptuous meal full of favour
- Recipe Hand-out.
- Surprise gift pack.
What's Not Included
- Bring your own Alcohol:
- Bring an appetite.
- Bring a camera
- Bring a sense of sharing.
- Bring a jacket or a windbreaker