Oban to Mull
A day trip with a Scottish local to the Island of Mull from Oban. Rob a recently retired major with the ASrgyll and Sutherland Highlanders.
Board the morning ferry from Oban to Craignure on Mull. Oban is best seen from the sea, so don’t miss the opportunity to climb on deck and enjoy the grand spectacle as you journey past the esplanade, Dunollie Castle and island of Kerrera. Keep your cameras ready for the Lismore Lighthouse and Duart Castle.
Highlights of the Trip
- Visit Duart Castle which dates back to the 13th century and is one of the last privately owned castles in Scotland.
- View the highland home of the infamous Mitford sisters from the mull shoreline at Gribun rocks
- Inch Kenneth is one of the most historically important islands in Scotland with a significant number of important burials of the kings of Scotland.
- Visit Macquarie Mausoleum
- Calgary Bay, a beautiful sandy beach on the North West coast approximately 12 miles from Tobermory
- Explore Tobermory the main town of Mull with over 1000 inhabitants with it brightly coloured harbour-front buildings
- Catch the return ferry to Craignure Oban at 17.05.
- Ferry tickets
- Admission to castles
- Complimentary Whisky and snacks
What's Not Included