Potato croquettes recipe from our chefs in Italy
Here’s a crocchette di patate recipe from our chefs in Italy. Top of my ‘recipes to try (once I decide to start exploring the culinary arts)’ list. And even before I’ve learnt how to turn on a stove safely, I already know these potato croquettes are going to taste delicious, because, obviously, they’re made of potatoes. How else could they taste? Yum. Try it and tell me I’m right!
Active Work Time 40 minutes; Total Prep Time 1 hour 15 minutes
1 kilo potatoes
150 grams aged mozzarella cheese, cut into 2-centimeter cubes
100 grams grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 liters vegetable oil
1. Cook potatoes in skin in boiling water over medium/high heat about 20 minutes or until very tender. Drain; set aside.
2. Meanwhile whisk 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites in bowl; set aside.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove skin; return to pot; mash.
4. Add 1 whole egg, 2 egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, parsley; mix until all ingredients are well blended
5. Add salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
6. With wet hands, form croquettes.
7. Push cube of mozzarella into center; set aside.
8. Dredge croquettes in fl our; dip in beaten egg; roll in breadcrumbs.
9. In deep frying pan, heat oil over high heat until very hot.
10. Fry croquettes for two minutes or until golden brown.
11. Serve immediately.
If you liked this recipe and a whole week preparing such gastronomic delights sounds like heaven to you, visit our friendly chefs on a cookery holiday.
Welcome to foodie heaven. (Which I’m sure is full of potatoes)