Surf, Yoga & Meditation Retreat
This 5 night surf, yoga & meditation holiday will take you far from your average daily duties to the coastal wonders of Portugal. A perfect balance of adrenaline & calm, you'll return relaxed and rejuvenated, filled with energizing and abundant healthy food & two improved skills!
Highlights of the Trip
- Twice daily yoga sessions and evening guided meditation.
- 4 surf lessons in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean with qualified instructors.
- Set in just 10 minutes from the beach in a magical part of Portugal.
This 5 night surf, yoga and meditation retreat has been thoughtfully placed, just a 10 minute walk from the stunning coasts of Sintra, one of Portugal’s most revered national parks that boasts of medieval treasures, trails, coasts and cliffs.
Learning to surf during energetic adrenaline-filled surfing lessons, or improving your existing surf skills, in the day with relaxing yoga sessions in the morning and evening is the perfect combination. Not only will you return home with two newly improved skills, but your body will feel the benefit of a good cardio workout followed by deep stretching to soothe your muscles from the day’s activities.
Although you will be spoiled with 4 surf lessons, 2 daily sessions of yoga, an evening meditation, and an abundance of tasty vegetarian food that will maximize your body’s potential, your day is organized with plenty of time to explore what your heart desires.
You do not need to worry about your meals while you’re here – and any time you want to take off to discover the area, your lunch can be made to go. The cuisine is an international blend of beloved vegetarian classics, mixed with the best regional produce the area has to offer.
Enjoy some time out during this perfect blend of yoga and meditation on the coast of Portugal; while making new friends, self discoveries, and obtaining new habits that will benefit you for a lifetime.
- 5 nights accommodation in a shared room
- Please note: prices are per person and based on one person in a quad room with access to a shared bathroom. Upgrades to twin rooms or single occupancy can be made for an additional supplement.
- 8 x 1 hour long yoga classes twice daily from Tuesday-Friday
- 4 x 2 hour surf lessons with qualified instructors
- 4 x 1 hour long guided evening meditation every evening from Tuesday-Friday
- 5 delicious and healthy buffet breakfasts
- 4 healthy and delicious lunches
- 5 healthy and light dinners
- Water and tea throughout the day
- Surf equipment and insurance
- Check in any time after 2pm on day 1 and check by noon day 6
What's Not Included
The gorgeous coastal region of Sintra, Portugal, is not to be missed for any lover of nature and the great outdoors looking for some tranquility and peace.
The perfect location for a wellbeing holiday, your holiday home is perfectly centered by ocean, dramatic cliffs, and the Sintra National Park, with limitless possibilities for you to explore between getting the most from your yoga and guided meditations – all in a sanctuary only 40 minutes from Lisbon airport and the bustle of the outside world.
Many people find the Sintra region of Portugal a favourite that they return to again and again, and you will quickly see why. Aside from the abundance of natural beauty, you will find yourself stumbling upon a medieval cliff village less than 2 kilometres from your holiday home – the mystical, dramatic Azenhas do Mar. Your hosts will always be on hand to help you find some historic gems during your free time in their care.
The lovely holiday home has been created with guests in mind, to make sure you have a cosy, bright room to rest in, as well as functional outdoor space to utilize and relax in when you need it. In addition to the spacious bright equipped studio and gym, yoga can be done in the great outdoors. Your breakfast and dinner may be indoors, but on glorious days, you will be eating al fresco with your new friends, surrounded by the local nature.
Get away and unwind from city life on the coast of Portugal, and take home a new lease of life on this yoga and meditation holiday developed with your inner peace in mind.
– Talented and dedicated hosts and teachers with an eclectic mix of yoga, Pilates, Ayurvedic massage, spiritualism and meditation studied for decades between them
– Your hosts are always on hand to help you get the most out of your experience
– Within easy reach of Lisbon airport
– Stay just a 10 minute walk from the stunning coastline of Sintra’s National Park
– Less than 2 kilometres from the medieval village of Azenhas do Mar for you to easily explore
– Accommodation in a bright newly designed house complete with a Jacuzzi to use as part of the wellbeing programme
– A beautiful garden, terrace and area for al fresco dining
– Three bedrooms; one sleeping four and 2 twin rooms
– WiFi and underfloor heating
– Mini gym, pool table and lounge with large, comfy sofas for you to enjoy with your new friends
– Bright, fully-equipped studio for your yoga and meditation
– Ayurvedic massages, surf/bodyboards, guided hikes, all available to book during your stay
– All meals with delicious, regional, vegetarian food
Lisbon (40 minutes by car)
You can preorder a transfer with your host for €50.00. They take about 40 minutes and can be shared with other guests arriving at the same time.
Nearest train station:
You can take the metro from Lisbon airport to Rosso train station, get the train to Sintra, and get of at the 2nd to last exit called Portela e Sintra. From there, get the bus line 441 or 442 to Fontanelas. Your hosts will pick you up in Fontanelas (the trip cost €10 and takes about 2 hours).
Who is it suitable for?
– There is no limit on this holiday- this suitable for all ages and all levels
– Minimum age 18 for the classes (however, under 18s are welcomed if joining their family)
I’m travelling solo – can I join?
– This yoga holiday makes a great singles holiday as it is the perfect opportunity to meet like-minded people
– All bedrooms are shared to give everyone the chance to meet and interact with their fellow guests
– Private room options on this yoga holiday can be purchased but guests are encouraged to share and get to know each other
When can I start?
– These surf and yoga holidays run from Monday – Saturday throughout the year
– Surf and yoga holidays are for 5 nights / 6 days
– If you wish to stay for extra nights, please email to check availability for your preferred duration and we will do our best to accommodate you
– If dates appear ‘check availability’, please email us [email protected] and we’ll check availability for your preferred day of arrival as quickly as possible
The itinerary is for guidance only and is subject to change depending on the group’s needs and wishes but is typically as follows:
Your surf and yoga instructors
– Patricia was born in Lisbon and went to university to pursue studies in Sports and Physical Education
– For more than 20 years, she’s been teaching people through different types of physical work, body and mind classes, and personal training
– She is a certified Fitness and Pilates Instructor and did various training courses in Asthanga, Hatha and Dynamic yoga styles
– Patricia’s classes combine exercises specially designed in flowing and a creative way to suit all levels
– She also works as a Zen Shiatsu Therapist with over 10 years experience; balancing people’s energy and aligning body, mind and emotions
– In 2009, she began practicing meditation daily after meeting her Spiritual Master
– Zarqa has long been fascinated by the knowledge of life that many different native people and ancient mystical traditions have
– The inner journey of self-development has taken him on many journeys; travelling to Osho communities and working with shamanic traditions
– In addition, he has been meeting and working with Spiritual Master Tony Samara for more than 16 years
– Zarqa is trained and certified in a very specific style of Ayurvedic massage and has been practicing since 2004
– Both Patricia and Zarqa also have a great love and passion for surfing and find it fits perfectly with the zen in their life and connection to the ocean
– Both have a deep understanding of individuals needs, patience, and love sharing what they’ve learned with others and embracing them into their home
What will I learn?
– You’ll practice Vinyasa flow in the morning sessions and Hatha in the evenings
– The guided meditations are simple yet profound when practiced frequently
– Surf lesson tuition will take you through safety, etiquette and from going on land in to water, standing up and how to catch the waves
– All classes are suitable to all levels and will be adapted to each individual needs
What should I bring?
– Please bring comfortable clothing you can move in easily for your yoga practice
– It can be very warm in the summer months so please bring clothing that will be suitable for practicing in hot weather and warmer clothes for cooler nights
– Don’t forget anything you may need for the beach!
– Yoga mats and equipment are provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer
Are meals included?
– Your hosts offer a wide variety of tasty and diverse healthy meals, influenced by many global cuisines
– Breakfast includes fruit salad, cereals, yoghurt, bread, butter and spreads & jams
– Lunches may be packed as a picnic for you to enjoy while you explore the great outdoors
– Delicious meals are prepared from fresh, local, organic produce and seasonal fruits and vegetables
– All meals are plant based (vegetarian) and easily adaptable to specific diets such as vegan, gluten, and dairy free
– Spring water available throughout the day
– If you have dietary requests, these must be communicated to us at the time of booking
What can I do in my free time?
– There is plenty to see and do in this beautiful outdoor haven
– You are only a 10 minute walk from coastal Sintra National Park
– There are 2 gorgeous beaches just 2 kilometres in either direction
– Picturesque cliffs complete with the perfect village to explore
– Enjoy a guided walk or try your hand at surfing
– Relax and book a massage