One Day French Cooking Course and Market Visit
Start your day with a guided visit to the wonderful Liberation food market in Nice to pick up fresh produce before learning to cook a delicious French 3 course menu with Chef Aude during a fun and friendly French cookery lesson making this the perfect addition to a holiday in Nice
Begin your French cooking course with a guided walk around Nice’s wonderful Liberation food market popular with the locals with Chef Aude who will show you how to pick local and seasonal produce and will introduce you to local specialities before you head back to the kitchen to begin cooking.
The aim of the cooking course is to take you on both a culinary and cultural journey starting at the market and ending by giving you the skills and techniques to cook a great 3 course French menu, all in a warm and welcoming environment.
You’ll also enjoy an additional, exclusive session with Chef Aude to discover two special dishes for yourself taking home the famous Pissaladière and tourte aux blettes sucrée to enjoy at your leisure.
Discover the gastronomic delights of Nice on a wonderful guided tour of one of Nice’s most popular markets and go learn to cook delicious French dishes for the perfect culinary addition to a holiday in Nice.
PLEASE NOTE: This course only runs on TUESDAYS!
Go learn to cook in the relaxed and welcoming cooking school of Chef Aude set in the Borriglione area of Nice which is very close to the wonderful Liberation food market used by locals.
After many years of experience cooking and travelling Chef Aude decided to open her own cookery boutique where she could share her knowledge and techniques with visitors and locals alike, allowing them to cook like a top chef in their own home. As a firm believer that great food can and should be made by everyone her style of teaching is down to earth, encouraging you to create impressive dishes with a minimum level of effort.
In a fun and informal setting, you will learn to cook delicious French recipes using fresh, local ingredients with an emphasis on Nicoise specialities that will take you on not only a culinary journey but also a cultural one.
– Learn to cook in friendly environment in a boutique cooking school
– Visit one of Nice’s largest fruit and vegetable markets popular with the locals
– Learn to cook regional dishes, full of flavour and simple to prepare and recreate once back home
– Cook with warm and welcoming, professional Chef Aude who has many years experience
– Hands-on classes in small groups for personal attention
– Discover a host of Nicoise speciality dishes from the region
Who is it suitable for?
– Suitable for all levels from complete beginners to experienced foodies
– Your chef is French but Chef Aude also speaks English
– Please note: Lessons are conducted primarily in French and French locals also participate in the classes, some English translation might be offered depending on the class size, but French is the primary language for the class
– Minimum age: 14 (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
Can I bring a non-cooking guest?
– Non cooking guests are welcome to join you for the meal at the end of the course for a small cost which you can find by clicking on the ‘Costing and extras’ tab (you can add this extra during the booking process)
When can I start?
– This French cooking course in Nice runs on Tuesdays year round
– Market visits start at 9am followed by cooking lessons starting around an hour later
– Please note that the cookery school is closed 9-14 March and 10 August – 5 September in 2020
– Other days of the week may be available on request, please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)208 144 5990 with your preferred date to check availability.
What will I learn?
– Nice is famous for its flavours and fresh ingredients and you will learn how to use these in this hands-on cooking course developing a new method of cooking with a focus on seasonal and local produce
– Your chef will teach you to be creative and cook with confidence
– At the start of your course, Chef Aude will discuss the daily menu and what you will cover during your one day French cooking course
– Chef Aude will run an exclusive session with you at the end of the course to introduce you to the history and will explain the making of two Nicoise specialities, the pissaladière and also tourte aux blettes sucrée
About the market
– The Marché de la Libération is one of the biggest fruit and vegetable markets in Nice
– Covering both sides of wide Avenue Malausséna and reaching as far as Boulevard Joseph Garnier, the market stalls occupy every available space, you can find just about everything here!
Sample French menus
Dishes vary according to the season and what food is available fresh at the market but may include:
– Zucchini flowers with prawns, parmesan cream
– Piccata chicken cream balsamic vinegar with spices
– Chorizo tart tomatoes and parmesan
– Tomatoes stuffed with ricotta and vegetables
– Kind Prawns en croûte de chapelure d’orange
– Slow cooked pork tenderloin in a golden crust
– Egg ‘en neige’ served with a fondant heart and chorizo
– Pavé of fish with olives, bacon and slow cooked fava beans
– Millefeuille, caramelised mango and ice cream
– Chocolate Crémeux and lightly spiced crumble
– Mascarpone mouse, grapefruit cream and meringue
– Local wines are carefully chosen to accompany the food you’ve learned to cook
– Dietary requests can be catered for including vegetarians if advised before booking
About chef Aude
– Chef Aude is friendly and easy going and speaks good English
– With a diploma in hospitality and culinary arts from the ‘lycée hôtelier de Strasbourg’ Aude has honed her skills over 15 years, working with the famous Dalloyau family in Paris as well as many other recognised gourmet restaurants
– After many years of experience cooking and travelling Aude decided to open her own cookery boutique where she could share her knowledge and techniques with her students, allowing then to cook like a top chef in their own home
– As a firm believer that great food can and should be made by everyone her style of teaching is down to earth, encouraging you to create impressive dishes with a minimum level of effort